Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: What do the Scene Want?

Totti's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    stoi i think you are right about that back in the day it would take forever to get a realese and at a good speed point of the matter is torrent sites have actually become top sites in some way or matter if you look at the private ones at least like tl sct ftn and others...

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    I always find it weird when people say "the scene wants ...". The Scene is nothing more than a name assigned to a distribution system. It doesnt speak with one voice and different people have different ideas about who is even classified as being part of it. Yes many involved dont like to see bittorrent sites uploading movies a few mins after pre as it gets everyone talking about them and raises their profile. However there are others that dont care about releases leaking to p2p and some that actively help it. You cant judge what everyone involved wants and thinks from a couple of nfos released by kids who think that leaking a few ips, names and addresses will make them look cool to their irc mates.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I always find it weird when people say "the scene wants ...". The Scene is nothing more than a name assigned to a distribution system. It doesnt speak with one voice and different people have different ideas about who is even classified as being part of it. Yes many involved dont like to see bittorrent sites uploading movies a few mins after pre as it gets everyone talking about them and raises their profile. However there are others that dont care about releases leaking to p2p and some that actively help it. You cant judge what everyone involved wants and thinks from a couple of nfos released by kids who think that leaking a few ips, names and addresses will make them look cool to their irc mates.
    Don't blame the scene, blame the security that was breached.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Defy's Avatar Be Kind BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    Once its uploaded and snatched, they are not the uploaders or the Trackers anymore, its the leechers to do with as they please. and i cant for the life of me understand how anyone can complain or make a rule stating otherwise.
    I have to agree with you here. And in all actuality whatever is downloaded belongs to no one, not the uploader nor downloader, (in a sense) because it was pirated and distributed illegally in the first place.

Also, I believe that The Scene will never be happy unless they accept the inevitable and realize that they'll never get their way, not fully anyways. Some people can never compromise though, and in the end that only hurts everyone. You have to give a little to get a little.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Interesting discussion. I really understand both sides of the equation; just a guess to find an amicable compromise

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    jam0980tr's Avatar jam cakes mmm Lovely
    eu scene much faster and better than usa
    Down-Speed Up-Speed
    Proud 2 Be a Member Of 0sec Tmp3

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    monk3y's Avatar Pirate's Life for me BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    they got upset this time because of ftn talk about scene releases as if they are ftn's when they are not ( ftn wanted to catch people uploading their packs to other trackers ).

Do not pm me requesting for invites as i have none to spare
    Signature & Avatar Rules

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Diiyad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Don't blame the scene, blame the security that was breached.
    Security is breached because the releases are not ment to sit unused. Obviously not everyone in the scene see's eye to eye on this, but some one (probably more people then you think) in the scene thinks these releases are ment to be used, not sit in a private ftp somewhere collecting virutal dust. As I stated in another post, if the scene doesn't want their shit spread, don't put it anywhere (ftp's), or don't rip it to begin with.

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    everyone is breaking the rules one way or another in the warez community, there ain't no saints anywhere in this whole thing, we all obtain copyrighted material for free!
    You nailed it there

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    optimus_prime's Avatar Guardian BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Defy View Post
    Also, I believe that The Scene will never be happy unless they accept the inevitable and realize that they'll never get their way, not fully anyways. Some people can never compromise though, and in the end that only hurts everyone. You have to give a little to get a little.
    and what exactly are you giving to the scene?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post
    Security is breached because the releases are not ment to sit unused. Obviously not everyone in the scene see's eye to eye on this, but some one (probably more people then you think) in the scene thinks these releases are ment to be used, not sit in a private ftp somewhere collecting virutal dust. As I stated in another post, if the scene doesn't want their shit spread, don't put it anywhere (ftp's), or don't rip it to begin with.
    releases are NOT meant to be used by you. it's meant to be shared within the scene. and it's not leaked out by noble "someone that thinks releases are meant to be used" but by the scum that earn money by providing trackers with scene stuff. just get your perspective right, you ain't contributing shit - you're not entitled to shit.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast