Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What do the Scene Want?

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I will be the first to admit, i am very naive regarding the Scene.

I know they hate P2P in general and they do not want their releases on them.

so what exactly do they want.

Personally i believe that if a scene release is uploaded to a tracker or anywhere you should give respect to the scene, as in, do not tamper with the release in any way, and upload it as the name it was supposed to be uploaded with.

Maybe im wrong on the above though and thats not what they want.

Stopping any releases going to P2P ever is just impossible, unless they make it a very exclusive thing to be in the scene again, Not sure exactly how it works so i wont tell them how to change, but it must be pretty easy to not allow the releases to escape.

If a release is uploaded somewhere else, which IMO they cant realy stop as i said above, would they rather.

A: It was uploaded as is without any tampering at all

B:The uploader unrars it, renames it, re-rars it, makes new .nfo for the place hes uploading it to, passwords the rars (this could be a way the scene stops this anyway) uploads it to where ever it is he is going to upload it, and no mention of the scene group at all.

Just with everything thats going on lately, ST and now Brandon, and then god knows who else is in for a shock, i think its about time we heard exactly what the scene wants from the P2P community.

I am also not getting at the Scene here, they do what they do and they do it well, and without them we would have to wait longer or never get any releases at all.

I would just like to know if we can change how we do things, and if we can sort of work together in anyway to solve these disputes.

I very much doubt they will even read this, never mind reply to this, but i do think someone, somewhere has to make the 1st move and try to resolve all this amicably between all parties.

PS: Probably a bloody stupid post and i have thought long and hard about posting this at all, i just think if i dont do it, no one else is going to, so might as well get something going (even if it just stops at this post).

Not a rant, just curious if there is anyway to put a stop to all of this thats going on atm.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Scene wants to stay private and exclusive.

Ppl trying to subvert those basic rules must be sure they can "handle the heat"

The main problem is not with the spread of the releases... but the security breaches generated by the p2p uploaders...
    Uploaders have very high probabilities of getting caught... having access to dumps / topsites or whatever they use as sources for their upload bots expose those sources in the case the uploader is "fucked up"...

It's something similar to all the torrents sites that do not want "their" packs uploaded to other sites... or that ban ppl that grab a torrent from them and upload to another site... (lol... ppl leaking from the scene that do not want their packs leaked...)
    Last edited by yayyyyyy; 01-07-2008 at 01:41 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Not at all a stupid post

I think they are just trying to fight the inevitable truth, that they can't stay as closed as they want.

Also they see prohibiting sharing as a game to try and keep it as elitist as possible, in other words by acting as little kids.

If they want no leaks, then they have to steal their own supplies, pay for their own servers instead of having others pay for axx, and keep it closed.

If it wasn't for the scene, sure the releases might be out a bit later, but they would still hit p2p, only difference would be that it would be the real sharers that encoded and shared their rips, much like with music.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Cruel's Avatar I'm steak! BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    The password would also leak I would presume.

And stopping the spread of it would be hard with the "racing" or am I wrong?
    Presenting your royal highness, our illustrious King Cruel the XIII, self-proclaimed lord of the lemurs, et cetera, et cetera, hooray, everybody.
    Four months and I'm living your dream.
    Silly Rabbit Dreams Are For Kids

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by yayyyyyy View Post
    It's like all the torrents sites that do not want "their" packs uploaded to other sites... or that ban ppl that grab a torrent from them and upload to another site...
    Well i dont agree with that either.

as soon as an uploader has uploaded and its got at least 1 snatch, then its not his nor the trackers anymore (it was never the trackers) its the leecher that snatched it, and he can do whatever the hell he wants with it.

i have had this stance for years, and it will never change. I have even had uploaders say that someone has uploaded it on such and such a site, and im like "ok, what the hell do you want me to do about it". once its snatched its gone imho.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    i have had this stance for years, and it will never change. I have even had uploaders say that someone has uploaded it on such and such a site, and im like "ok, what the hell do you want me to do about it". once its snatched its snatched imho.
    that's fair

but most of the "scene" sites do the opposite (even torrentbytes )

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruel View Post
    The password would also leak I would presume.

And stopping the spread of it would be hard with the "racing" or am I wrong?
    everything leaks eventually, it's just a matter of time... No matter what they do or say about it, the scene will never be able to stop what they started... the machine may not be well oiled but its big, bulky and rolling along fast!

Quote Originally Posted by yayyyyyy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    i have had this stance for years, and it will never change. I have even had uploaders say that someone has uploaded it on such and such a site, and im like "ok, what the hell do you want me to do about it". once its snatched its snatched imho.
    that's fair

but most of the "scene" sites do the opposite (even torrentbytes )
    true
    Last edited by jasperr; 01-07-2008 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Me personally think that the scene wants more popularity, nothing more...
    Its always about the money... but its just me...

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    But why does the scene makes the releases then? If they want it to be limited to only a group of people then they should release their stuff on private FTPs. But then again it's eventually gonna get leaked to P2P. Also I don't understand why do they release stuff if they don't want it to be available to other people? If they really think that their releases are gonna be for only 100 people for instance, I find that kinda silly. Since atleast 1 of those 100 people are gonna leak it to other networks. And whatever they do, they really can't stop that with posting RL info about admins of several P2P trackers. People are still gonna leak the stuff and they won't care about it.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    SIMRACK's Avatar Celtic's Fanboy BT Rep: +4
    These operations wont do any good to any particular site or the for the scene itself...

these guyz r really weird ...they should be banned from scene..

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast