Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: through a shit hole

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    ok as some of you may know i work as a teller in a bank and where i work is a very busy area surrounded by whole-sale market, so basically branch is very busy, around 500+ customers a day just in cash dealing...

when i joined there was already one teller short so we where 3 tellers handling 400+ a day with no day offs, 6 months later they started a 1 day off per week plus usual weekend, but since we where short on staff we were facing difficulties taking them but some how we took it anyway, a few months later some thing happened and they had to suspend two of our teller which made me alone handling 400+ customers, i manged it for 4 days till they brought a teller for help plus a new comer which needed training so obviously we couldn't take our day off and on top of all hell lot more work to do. i talked to manager in charge about the condition and day off thingy, he told me to halt taking them till suspended come back but two months went by and they decided to fire them and the back up teller went back leaving me with a new guy with limited cash handling stats.

i leave for home 2 hours late every day because of hard work, i have to deal with multiple problems during work(not taking permitted break, toileting, etc) all related to lack of men power and no day off's, i open the counter at 8 and i only close it at 4 non stop, and the worst part is the management is not welling to deal with the problems cuz they are not recognizing or know about them in the 1st place, for example they call for two tellers to another branch to help and we are only two tellers working there , it only means they dont know what we are going through and how can they; they only visit the branch once in a while, can you believe the branch has no manager after the incident, they are so scared of the branch that if they do come there it would be for couple of hours and if we go to talk to them they would run off, even if i manage to have a talk with them i get the usual say " we are working on it ".

so this week i came to conclusion that the situation will keep going as it is because am managing to run the branch and i atleast deserve my off and i should resume it so maybe they notice something once branch halts down because of staff shortage, ohh did i mention that number is grown from 400 to 600 customers per day

to be honest all this is not why i started the thread, actually i have a colleague and in entire branch we are only close to each other cuz we are the only one left from the original teller staff so on more then 6 occasions in very few day offs which we managed to took he asked me to switch my day with his days although it ruined my plans and sometimes i had to take pressure from supervisor of not taking it i never refused to him till today when i decided to resume offs, i reached home and i got call from him saying not to take off tomorrow because he has something to do, i refused this time because enough is enough and if i dont take it then there is a great chance me not having a day off this week which will result in melt down of my will meaning no momentum.
    i kinda felt guilty but it made me thinking how he always have something to do when only i take day offs, can it be because he cant fight for his offs but when i ignite for mine he gets the courage to ask for his but its always the day before i take, before the storm cools down.
    Last edited by BawA; 01-07-2008 at 06:02 PM.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Lounge   -   #2

3. Lounge   -   #3
    thats old pic m8, am now 25kg lesser :loser:

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

4. Lounge   -   #4
    post a new pic dude.. we can have a new bawa smilie ftw

hope things go well for you with your situation btw, Sir

5. Lounge   -   #5
    thats too much work

why dont you rob that bank and flee to mexico ?

6. Lounge   -   #6
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    sounds rough, and in malayasia as i think you live, you probably have to deal with all the cultural games too.
    Why not contact the head office about it. Maybe it will get you fired, maybe it will give you a raise.

ps. does the bank have any police?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by BawA View Post
    ok as some of you may know i work as a teller in a bank and where i work is a very busy area surrounded by whole-sale market, so basically branch is very busy, around 500+ customers a day just in cash dealing...

when i joined there was already one teller short so we where 3 tellers handling 400+ a day with no day offs, 6 months later they started a 1 day off per week plus usual weekend, but since we where short on staff we were facing difficulties taking them but some how we took it anyway, a few months later some thing happened and they had to suspend two of our teller which made me alone handling 400+ customers, i manged it for 4 days till they brought a teller for help plus a new comer which needed training so obviously we couldn't take our day off and on top of all hell lot more work to do. i talked to manager in charge about the condition and day off thingy, he told me to halt taking them till suspended come back but two months went by and they decided to fire them and the back up teller went back leaving me with a new guy with limited cash handling stats.

i leave for home 2 hours late every day because of hard work, i have to deal with multiple problems during work(not taking permitted break, toileting, etc) all related to lack of men power and no day off's, i open the counter at 8 and i only close it at 4 non stop, and the worst part is the management is not welling to deal with the problems cuz they are not recognizing or know about them in the 1st place, for example they call for two tellers to another branch to help and we are only two tellers working there , it only means they dont know what we are going through and how can they; they only visit the branch once in a while, can you believe the branch has no manager after the incident, they are so scared of the branch that if they do come there it would be for couple of hours and if we go to talk to them they would run off, even if i manage to have a talk with them i get the usual say " we are working on it ".

so this week i came to conclusion that the situation will keep going as it is because am managing to run the branch and i atleast deserve my off and i should resume it so maybe they notice something once branch halts down because of staff shortage, ohh did i mention that number is grown from 400 to 600 customers per day

to be honest all this is not why i started the thread, actually i have a colleague and in entire branch we are only close to each other cuz we are the only one left from the original teller staff so on more then 6 occasions in very few day offs which we managed to took he asked me to switch my day with his days although it ruined my plans and sometimes i had to take pressure from supervisor of not taking it i never refused to him till today when i decided to resume offs, i reached home and i got call from him saying not to take off tomorrow because he has something to do, i refused this time because enough is enough and if i dont take it then there is a great chance me not having a day off this week which will result in melt down of my will meaning no momentum.
    i kinda felt guilty but it made me thinking how he always have something to do when only i take day offs, can it be because he cant fight for his offs but when i ignite for mine he gets the courage to ask for his but its always the day before i take, before the storm cools down.
    Too many words

Oh and yeah, Sam is right, post a new pic, you forum legend you

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by 100
    sounds rough, and in malayasia as i think you live,
    either you ignore my threads or sport section, cuz only 2 days i go i posted AC in DUBAI thread, anyway head office is too much headache and they only response through managers, they will certainly response to me if i go but this will stretch the situation further, and they dont dare to fire me cuz am local and locals are very hard to hire in private sector which will cause them money if they dont.
    thats too much work
    did i mention the cash amount in and out?
    its around 9M payments(not to mention the coporate counter which dose the counting of 50+M per day) plus 5M deposits total of 200 vouchers per teller.
    and worse is there is not even a security guard at the branch.

going to take one pic today for Barbie and sam with my new 12MP cam

Benjamen button

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    ok as some of you may know i work as a teller in a bank surrounded by cunts........................................................................................................................................ there is a great chance me not having a day off this week..........................

i read it all and most of it made no sense, i can tell by the use of > that it sounds like you're not getting treated fairly, tell the boss you need to have a chat with him or something.
    Last edited by Alien5; 01-08-2008 at 05:12 AM.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    take a week off sick, get drunk/laid/stoned or something else...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast