Thread: People Being Tracked Down With Lawsuits

hey, i haven't been here for a while so i don't know if this has been discussed yet or not...but i recently saw in the newspaper that some guy in fresno, ca. recently got arrested and received lawsuits from the music industry for downloading music off of kazaa. I don't know how this works, but supposedly they are starting this program to "scare off" or warn illegal downloaders (like me ) from downloading mp3s.....i guess with the war and budget loss and all, they are trying to take money from people in any way possible..i have dsl, so i'm not sure if they would be able to get to me in time cuz it only takes me like 30 seconds to download a song...but anyways, i have heard a lot of people talk about this around my area, and i was wondering....should i REALLY be concerned or worried about downloading music from kazaa lite now? or is it just some bullshit that won't really happen to me??!?/ or does the new kazaa lite version block them from tracking people down or something? how does this work?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    it is possible for you to be the target of a suit, but the chances are hundreds of thousands to one. Your connection and download speed/time have no say on wether you will be charged or not. Hope that helps.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    They will probably target people who have the most copyrighted material on their computers. Unless you have 10,000+ files don&#39;t worry about it.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Originally posted by sushi15@28 July 2003 - 12:47
    They will probably target people who have the most copyrighted material on their computers. Unless you have 10,000+ files don&#39;t worry about it.
    i got over that and i don&#39;t give a shit really...

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Originally posted by mikenmike0001@27 July 2003 - 19:50
    i guess with the war and budget loss and all, they are trying to take money from people in any way possible..
    Yeah I feel so bad for them as they ride around in Bentley&#39;s and BMW&#39;s and live in million dollar mansion&#39;s. Tight asses just want to squeeze every dime they can from each and every one of us

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Sorry its been discussed about 40 times

so who gives a f*ck

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    There will also be public service announcements during movie previews and on TV. Though, if you are worried about getting caught, don&#39;t participate. Personally, I wouldn&#39;t be caught dead using fasttrack now. It about time we started to move on to another service, until Klite starts using anonymous public proxies to hide people&#39;s IP addresses.
    Proud member of MDS

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by Jibbler@27 July 2003 - 21:03
    There will also be public service announcements during movie previews and on TV. Though, if you are worried about getting caught, don&#39;t participate. Personally, I wouldn&#39;t be caught dead using fasttrack now. It about time we started to move on to another service, until Klite starts using anonymous public proxies to hide people&#39;s IP addresses.
    what else is there to use? i know that they know most of the people these days use kazaa........and oh yeah, with what the other guy said, 40 times........where are the previous threads of this issue, maybe i can get the answers that i need.....cuz i still want to download mp3s....but now i want to know the chances of me getting caught now.....

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    get yourslef soulseek here fake free and join the KLF room