Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LSU - BCS National Champs

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    The BCS sucks pig nuts.

The Buckeyes sucked worse than LSU, but that's about all that could be deduced from that game.

A fucked-up year for college ball, and I think two losses should have disqualified LSU.

I'd like to have seen Georgia or USC play, rather than LSU...much less Ohio State.

A crap year, all around.

Why should we be stuck with a system that gets it right one year out of five (or more)?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Sports Club   -   #12
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    The BCS sucks pig nuts.

The Buckeyes sucked worse than LSU, but that's about all that could be deduced from that game.

A fucked-up year for college ball, and I think two losses should have disqualified LSU.

I'd like to have seen Georgia or USC play, rather than LSU...much less Ohio State.

A crap year, all around.

Why should we be stuck with a system that gets it right one year out of five (or more)?
    Agreed.

What was USC's and Georgia's record?

3. Sports Club   -   #13
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    I wanted to see Oregon and WVU. Both have great running game.

4. Sports Club   -   #14
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    The BCS sucks pig nuts.

A crap year, all around.

LSU deserved to be there. Period.

They beat Auburn, Alabama, Tennessee and defending national champs Florida. And think about the two loses they did have - Kentucky and Arkansas and both were triple overtime loses.

As for USC, well they lost to measly Stanford.... at home. How could a team with a loss like that be given possible National Champion status?

Georgia is another story altogether. I would have a hard time justifying any argument to keep them out of the "big one". Those guys are tough.

yo

5. Sports Club   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    The BCS sucks pig nuts.

A crap year, all around.

LSU deserved to be there. Period.

They beat Auburn, Alabama, Tennessee and defending national champs Florida. And think about the two loses they did have - Kentucky and Arkansas and both were triple overtime loses.

As for USC, well they lost to measly Stanford.... at home. How could a team with a loss like that be given possible National Champion status?

Georgia is another story altogether. I would have a hard time justifying any argument to keep them out of the "big one". Those guys are tough.
    Damn that's right! I forgot about the loss to Stanford!

I think they also lost to Oregon.

I still think the system needs to be changed.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 01-09-2008 at 07:51 PM.

6. Sports Club   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    That's the bottom line...as far as this season goes, however, there were no really dominant teams anywhere in the country (as I said, a crap year), BUT:

THE BCS IS DUH-UH-UH-UH-UMB.

Christ, it doesn't even make sense from a TV revenue standpoint, which consideration, as we all know, carries the day schedule-wise.

The BCS is why certain terms (CLUSTERFUCK comes to mind) were invented.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. Sports Club   -   #17
    That's the bottom line...as far as this season goes, however, there were no really dominant teams anywhere in the country (as I said, a crap year), BUT:

Christ, it doesn't even make sense from a TV revenue standpoint, which consideration, as we all know, carries the day schedule-wise.

Agreed but they got LSU right.

8. Sports Club   -   #18

Agreed but they got LSU right.
    Not until LSU beats Georgia.

See what I mean?

-Mark Twain

9. Sports Club   -   #19
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    The point isn't who'll win, it who deserved to play the game.

yo

10. Sports Club   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    The point isn't who'll win, it who deserved to play the game.
    That is my point.

The system will never quell the typical partisan arguments, but could go much further toward satisfying the objective ones.

After all, the point is to draw viewership to the spectacle of a great game so as to sell adverts - if there is no compelling reason to watch, then what is a football fan to do?

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast