Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LSU - BCS National Champs

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Still 3:00 to go, but it's over.

Happy to see it.

Congrats all you coon-asses.

yo

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Never liked the Buckeyes since ever so I suppose this woo hoo! for me

I can't recall the last time a national champ had two losses...
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    That's because there's never been one.

yo

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    No shit? Not even in the 30's? I figure there has to be one or two in that era..
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Not under the current system at least.

The BCS has only been around since '98.

The other "national champions" of years prior, never played a game to determine that status.

yo

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    snowultra's Avatar Member
    i was hoping lsu won it, only because they havent been known as a powerhouse team. until this year.
    ohio state, 2 years --2 losses. there turning into buffalo. they make it the big game and lose.

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Not under the current system at least.

The BCS has only been around since '98.

The other "national champions" of years prior, never played a game to determine that status.
    I'm aware of that of course. Would be interesting to find out who the voters would've voted national champs if we're still in the pre BCS era seeing the many no. 2 seeds who lost this year while sitting on that spot.

8. Sports Club   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by snowultra View Post
    i was hoping lsu won it, only because they havent been known as a powerhouse team. until this year.
    ohio state, 2 years --2 losses. there turning into buffalo. they make it the big game and lose.
    You haven't been paying much attention.

LSU has consistently finished as a top team in the past several years and this being their second National Championship in the past four.

Outside of those two titles, they've won or played in at least three BCS Bowl games that I can recall in that run. That makes them the dominant force in the SEC and unarguably a major competitor in NCAA football.

yo

9. Sports Club   -   #9
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by snowultra View Post
    You haven't been paying much attention.

LSU has consistently finished as a top team in the past several years and this being their second National Championship in the past four.

Outside of those two titles, they've won or played in at least three BCS Bowl games that I can recall in that run. That makes them the dominant force in the SEC and unarguably a major competitor in NCAA football.
    Exactly.

They won the Sugar Bowl last year by crushing Notre Dame by transposed numbers (also won in '02), won the BCS title this year and '04 (which was also at the Sugar Bowl), and were conference champions 3 times since '01.

That is the single most dominant team since the new millenium.

10. Sports Club   -   #10
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    it was over after the OSU guy hit the punter.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast