Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Disabling Inactive A/c's.. What u think ??

It depends on the tracker really. Some trackers like ours just dont want Inactive members, users who dont login for weeks hardly contribute anything to the site.

Our system bans the users inactive for more thn 2 weeks, and we havent seen any change in activity after getting rid of the inactive users it just makes it easier to manage and pick out bad members.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    messi30's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I thing that must be like in tranceroute which if you got points (energy) that it has the possibility that the account does not erase or remains inactive time without it erased.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    PunX's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    disable is nice , +1
    Last edited by PunX; 01-09-2008 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky1234 View Post
    Most of the Torrent Websites disable Accounts if they are not used for specified number of days. What do you think about it ???

According to me it should not be there as one cannot spend his entire life on internet worrying about his accounts or atleast the accounts of Power users should be safe..

Any comments...
    u don't have to spend your entire life on it. all you have to do is visit the website. you don't necessarilty have to dl or ul stuff. if u don't even have time to visit the site( ie check the home page or forums) then u shouldn't be part of the private torrent.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I dont understand what the hard part is about signing in once every ## days

Make a folder called trackers in your bookmarks, put all the trackers in there, open them all in tabs once a week, sorted, its not that hard.

But if you do not want to sign in for ## days, but you can sign into another tracker every day, then tough if you get deleted.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    2 Million Ways BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    i agree if u are inactive why is it necesary that the account should exist

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Defy's Avatar Be Kind BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I believe disabling inactive accounts after some time is necessary for the good of the community. If you never use your account, that's one more slot that could be free for someone else's use that will contribute to the site. It's pretty selfish otherwise, if you think about it. Why have access to an account if you're never going to use it, unless it's "just to have it"? Doesn't do anyone any good.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234