Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disabling Inactive A/c's.. What u think ??

rocky1234's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Most of the Torrent Websites disable Accounts if they are not used for specified number of days. What do you think about it ???

According to me it should not be there as one cannot spend his entire life on internet worrying about his accounts or atleast the accounts of Power users should be safe..

Any comments...

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I can only speak for BCG, but ours is 60 days unparked, 90 days parked.

So if you cant sign in for 2-3 months, then do you realy want to be a member, or deserve to be for that matter.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Good idea they have the system inplace if you don't use the account then your takeing up a space for somebody who wants to use the site if you can't download at least one thing per month then it shows your lack of interest in the site you lose the account shit happens

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    rocky1234's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I agree to that but think Oink had such a system where Power User accounts were not deleted so was Oink doing the wrong stuff...

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky1234 View Post
    I agree to that but think Oink had such a system where Power User accounts were not deleted so was Oink doing the wrong stuff...

There's no right or wrong answer it's how the site owners want it if the person does not like well theres not much they can do about it the database would build and build and it would get rather confusing with popular sites. i like the system power user's don't get removed but to be a power user now days is really simple it can be done in a matter of days maybe for people that hit 500gig or so then it would it ideal most sites would have to change their criteria/requierments.
    Last edited by sleepyy; 01-09-2008 at 12:04 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    LoKaLiRi's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyy View Post
    Good idea they have the system inplace if you don't use the account then your takeing up a space for somebody who wants to use the site if you can't download at least one thing per month then it shows your lack of interest in the site you lose the account shit happens
    +1

you are right mate

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    angryghost's Avatar Get In Ma BELLY! BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyy View Post

There's no right or wrong answer it's how the site owners want it if the person does not like well theres not much they can do about it the database would build and build and it would get rather confusing with popular sites. i like the system power user's don't get removed but to be a power user now days is really simple it can be done in a matter of days maybe for people that hit 500gig or so then it would it ideal
    Agreed, its really up to the site, but in my opinion of a user hasnt been active for a long while they really do not deserve the membership to the site.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Most of the Torrent Websites disable Accounts if they are not used for specified number of days. What do you think about it ???
    I think its is very good idea,most site have 40 days until your acc get disable for inactive.

also why keeping that acc if u dont want to use it and maybe some other member really want to get in that site but he cant since it full of inactive users

According to me it should not be there as one cannot spend his entire life on internet worrying about his accounts or atleast the accounts of Power users should be safe..
    lol spend his entire life?? is it to hard to join if u cant better at least once in one or two week? i think 40 or some sites have even 60 or more days until u get disabled is a lot of time anyway

there is one place that u shoudnt worry abouth acc get disabled for inactive and that place is Public sites

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5

Any comments...
    if you are a member at a private torrent site and you neither are able to login in once every four weeks nor download anything you should think about deleting the account to make room for another user that really needs it.

i also think that logging into a site every few weeks isn't equal to spending your entire life on the internet.

if somebody chooses to use the internet only once in two month, that's perfectly fine.

but then he could use a tracker that doesn't require a membership, like public trackers.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumas View Post

lol spend his entire life?? is it to hard to join if u cant better at least once in one or two week? i think 40 or some sites have even 60 or more days until u get disabled is a lot of time anyway
    Agree to that also...

A user logins to a website every 30 days or so and download/upload nothing. Now what good is the user doing to that website...

Or for certain websites where a user has to downlaod/upload something to be termed as active. I blv many users just downlaod/upload a file for the sake of being called as active users there..

Is that doing any good ???

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast