Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: the fst echo phenomenum

Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    there's one thing i noticed in several threads in the fst bittorrent section.

i find it quite amusing, but sometimes a little weird.

one guy starts a thread with a question.

the answer to his question is "A".

so someone replies to his thread and posts "A".

the guy who asked the question is happy that he got is answer - everything is fine.

now what often follows are up to 20 people posting the exact same answer: "A"

why do people do this? parrots? forum echo? don't they read the thread before posting?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    i think i just did it but i thought it would be up discussion but the worst one has to be those the one answer questions, that dont require any discussion cant really think of any good examples off the top of my atm
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    NOLF's Avatar Love You Josefine! BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    I partly agree with you, in some threads its unnessesary to do what you describe.

But if a user is asking a question and wants comments from other users about a certain issue, how does he know what each user has to say if they are not allowed to have the same opinions as other users.

I do know what you mean, there is a lot of threads where this is not an option!

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Everybody likes to have their say to have 2/3 people all confirm the same thing is nice to have for reasureance so that the chances are not just a one off whatever the topic even i like that but 20 is in the extreme and stupid maybe some are just building their post count who knows for sure
    Last edited by sleepyy; 01-09-2008 at 12:48 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    there's one thing i noticed in several threads in the fst bittorrent section.

i find it quite amusing, but sometimes a little weird.

one guy starts a thread with a question.

the answer to his question is "A".

so someone replies to his thread and posts "A".

the guy who asked the question is happy that he got is answer - everything is fine.

now what often follows are up to 20 people posting the exact same answer: "A"

why do people do this? parrots? forum echo? don't they read the thread before posting?
    well i will say very simple,most not all of them just spaming the thread nothing more...but im glad to see finaly staff have start to do something abouth that

Edit:
    as u can see t0mmy doing almost the same thing,first he post and after he post again he said got confused

Last edited by fOrUmAs; 01-09-2008 at 12:54 PM.

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLF View Post
    I partly agree with you, in some threads its unnessesary to do what you describe.

But if a user is asking a question and wants comments from other users about a certain issue, how does he know what each user has to say if they are not allowed to have the same opinions as other users.

i wasn't talking about discussable answers or comments. just plain answers.

q: "how much is 5+5"?
    a: "10"

followed by at least five people posting the same sometimes

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60

thats what i was trying to say but i confused myself when i got halfway through posting my reply
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    NOLF's Avatar Love You Josefine! BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50

Excactly, so we agree. Everything else is considered spam

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    spark's Avatar Super Seeder BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    I hate that "+1" crap
    <NES> lol
    <NES> I download something from Napster
    <NES> And the same guy I downloaded it from starts downloading it from me when I'm done
    <NES> I message him and say "What are you doing? I just got that from you"
    <NES> "getting my song back fucker"

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    I hate that "+1" crap
    +1

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast