Thread: Trouble Extracting .bin Files = Mpegs Are Deemed

Roosh's Avatar Poster
    I've been unsuccessful in extracting a Terminator 3 .bin set and now can't get a Finding Nemo set of .bin's going.

I use either winiso or isobuster to extract the video files, and once completed (isobuster hasn't even been able to do so) the file that's produced ("AVSEQ01") cannot be played by WMP suggesting that it's corrupt or that the format isn't supported, and in Gspot, it's determined that it isn't a valid avi file "non-avi file - type unknown".

Am I doing something wrong in the extracting process or are they really corrupt files (they're very popular files, i.e. lot's of people are downloading them)?

Should I rename the file extension? Is it the extraction program causing the problems?

Am I not selecting the correct folder to extract from ("EXT", "MPEG2", "SEGMENT", "SVCD") of the 4 folders once the bin is opened in the program? (I go for the logical choice of MPEG2).

Should I extract, extract raw but convert to user data, extract but FILTER only M2F2 mpeg frames, or extract raw data?

Please advise. Thanks.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    I've never tried to extract a movie or any video from vcd. I wasn't aware it could be done. I have browsed through vcd's just to see the file structure but I really didn't see anything playable. There must be a reversal product of some kind though.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Roosh's Avatar Poster
    So you think they're only meant for burning and not extraction?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Well they are already burned by the sound of it. What you have is sort of the equivalent of an image. No good till you pop it into the right program or player.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by balamm@28 July 2003 - 03:23
    I've never tried to extract a movie or any video from vcd. I wasn't aware it could be done. I have browsed through vcd's just to see the file structure but I really didn't see anything playable. There must be a reversal product of some kind though.
    at 2,000 posts id think u knowd that lol

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Roosh's Avatar Poster
    They are images.

How do I determine the appropriate program or player?

Is that Shania Twain in your sig?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Roosh's Avatar Poster
    Someone suggested that I forego the extraction process and just play the existing image files with VideoLAN Client, which did the trick.

Thanks for the help. B)