Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xvid Image Quality Is Extremely High Contrast....

Poster
    all i know is that i always have problem with xvid either its the picture or sound..... to me xvid is crap, if it aint one thing its a fuking another. Ill start to download those xvid movies when they get all the bugs worked out with the codecs and players .
    ZLOsiris, imho you just can't judge something only by ur experience on it. xvid is far superior than divx (3, 4 or 5), no matter what bitrate you use. the audio problems are not xvid related, since xvid is a video codec, it has nothing to do with audio. and about not downloading xvid movies, just download them and change their fourcc code to divx and you'll watch it with no problems, really.
    anyway, i think your problem with xvid is hardware (what machine do you have?) or software (what codecs do you have installed?) related.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Poster
    I got a amd xp2100 with a gforce 2 gts pro video card, 768 ddr ram, i built the thing myself i could go on and on lol. But as far as media and codecs are concerned i really dont know jack, i have downloaded codecs that were supposed to work. Before it used to say something like unable to open file yada yada , now it doesnt say that any more. But when playing with the divx player i get no audio and when i play it with windows media player the screen freezes up alot. These codecs that i download are they supposed to go anywhere?. I jus open them and leave it as that. Thanks for your help
    sig removed by Sara...much too big, please read the rules and could you activate your pm's too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12