Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: People, you know this; Invite rarity ratings royally screw things up.

DrParker's Avatar Pro Seeder BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Quote Originally Posted by DrParker View Post
    listen rare is very important if u look at what's up with oink for exemple.
    i like the rare ones couse the risk of them being raided is much lower
    then tl/revtt for exemple.. if its hard for me to join them its hard for
    the authorities too and u cant stop them if u cant prove what they are doing

that theory is very flawed...... "RARE" tracker are just as much at risk as lets say TL.... just that the authorities would rather go after the big fish first to make examples......

you say tometo i say tomato... ofcourse that the big ones is more
    wanted by authorities but in the bottom line rarer=smaller=harder to obtain=safer... i believe that if oink staff was smart enough to close the invite system on time(six months before the raid) they would still be here
    Last edited by DrParker; 01-10-2008 at 06:33 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22

that theory is very flawed...... "RARE" tracker are just as much at risk as lets say TL.... just that the authorities would rather go after the big fish first to make examples......
    wanted by authorities but in the bottom line rarer=smaller=harder to obtain=safer... i believe that if oink staff was smart enough to close the invite system on time(six months before the raid) they would still be here
    You don't think there were 'authorities from whatever organization' inside as members of OiNK long before it was raided? like 1yr+ ? u think they got in there 2 months planned and executed a raid?

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    SaviouR's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35

wake up and smell the reality my friend . Authorities are 10x smarter than ppl actually think .there are many secret agents present in the scene itself , let alone the torrent sites . They will and can attack any warez related website / torrent site provided they have enough support from the different countries as well, regarding cyber crime . saying that a site is lvl 50 in some rarity list and 500 members only will have no authorities or will be more safer , is pure bullshit .

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by SaviouR View Post

wake up and smell the reality my friend . Authorities are 10x smarter than ppl actually think .there are many secret agents present in the scene itself , let alone the torrent sites . They will and can attack any warez related website / torrent site provided they have enough support from the different countries as well, regarding cyber crime . saying that a site is lvl 50 in some rarity list and 500 members only will have no authorities or will be more safer , is pure bullshit .
    Right on point, for some reason the general public watches too many movies and see the 'authorities' as idiots who don't know how to use PC's and barely know what kazaa is and run around looking like a bunch of idiots... Its not like that, There are many double-agents and 'authorities' being curries for topsites themselves to gain intel, forget 1337 torrent sites like FT*R the feds are part of The Scene as well and have access to TS's over yrs of work pretending to be regular ppl..

The only place safe left is Newsgroups

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    BANNED BT Rep: +1

Guarantee you U**T doesn't have any "secret agents" inside.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    SaviouR's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Diiyad View Post

Guarantee you U**T doesn't have any "secret agents" inside.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    MODERATION BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    BANNED BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot foreve View Post
    what bothers you to use them ,if u don't like it just leave it ,you just can't compare glass to gold
    u r right my friend

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    do you really think if a 14yo kid can get in high level trackers a well trained, studied, high paid it forensic expert can not???

they are not interested in 2.000 or 3.000 people sharing scene files on a tracker.

they want the topsites.

it becomes dangerous when you have a site with 300.000 members and this site is a warez source (like oink).

not because those sites are unsecure, because they're worth going after.

if authorites want to, they could easily shut down any bittorrent tracker. it's all just a matter of different laws, efficiency and cost-effectiveness.

no complainant - no accused - no law enforcement - no raid

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    The way they r rated changed, i dt know why? Like they said in above post, you can't compare a Diamond with glass, the old system , i pretty much agreed on. But members here know way more than i.... Found your comment pretty lame, with no rankings, it would be BS- people scamming others-ect, a Mess! @ least we have a decent idea on what tracks are the ones that are @ least trying to be more private but with soo many members they r nt private! I meant the old level system, changed a wk or 2 ago.?.S*c should be the 0-day comparison-content wise, go from there with rarity, filelist has very little content but no invites so it stays low but pisexy- is it really that good? BC is the site they would target- games r $ Way more than any album-movies.Yeah some things need to be fixed but why diss them? Its all about your preference, i cannot see how AOM is level 6-7? I w- not sign up when open, no interest??? Or sites with just trance music? Same with those. Would not accept a TT -electronik! am no trader!
    S*t should be a high level- hard 2 get invites same with all in its level , never seen sites that high ranked. hoarding accounts-invites should be deaded asap, ill even help out if i can get a invite.lol
    Quote Originally Posted by jasperr View Post
    what your talking about here m8 is the review system... which has nothing to do with the lvl system..
    lvl system is based and judged solely by the availablity of invites vs the chances of you getting in..
    the tracker reviews is where you can go and check out the info on sites , member comments, see SS of catagories, ect... two totaly different things...

that list has no value except to traders.... which makes it difficult for peeps to get in and members.. good members. it makes most think that they have to horde invites and collect as many sites as possible... then they believe they have bartering chips to trade off later...

lame and stupid.... but anyways...

REGUARDS

listen rare is very important if u look at what's up with oink for exemple.
    i like the rare ones couse the risk of them being raided is much lower
    then tl/revtt for exemple.. if its hard for me to join them its hard for
    the authorities too and u cant stop them if u cant prove what they are doing

Last edited by pone44; 01-10-2008 at 10:26 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast