Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: People, you know this; Invite rarity ratings royally screw things up.

krunktastic's Avatar Krunk User+ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6

Surprised/Amazed

For god sakes, please get rid of them.

At any other time I would list all the reasons they screw things up, but I have to read a 500 page book tonight. So if anyone wants to elaborate on the following things or add their own, please do:

- Unnecessary desire for trackers
    - Desire for collection instead of use
    - Annoying requests for FTWR even though it doesn't even COMPARE to other trackers.
    - +50 billion other reasons

Someone HAS to agree with me...right? Is it time for change?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by krunktastic View Post
    For god sakes, please get rid of them.

At any other time I would list all the reasons they screw things up, but I have to read a 500 page book tonight. So if anyone wants to elaborate on the following things or add their own, please do:

- Unnecessary desire for trackers
    - Desire for collection instead of use
    - Annoying requests for FTWR even though it doesn't even COMPARE to other trackers.
    - +50 billion other reasons

Someone HAS to agree with me...right? Is it time for change?
    If you have a 500 page book to read, you should have posted this when you had the time.

We could have waited.
    Ask me about my self-esteem!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Patriot foreve's Avatar William Wallace
    what bothers you to use them ,if u don't like it just leave it ,you just can't compare glass to gold

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    p1r4t3's Avatar More drama? ffs BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    :yawn:

search the forums , for gods sake.. While I appreciate ur emotions and willing ness to create a thread about it, Its been discussed already.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    I think the level thing has evolved through time from the community as a whole. It creates interest. Everybody eventualy figures out what they need. It's a game for many people, inexpensive entertainment. I don't think there are any reasons you could give that would change the natural order of things.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Cheffy's Avatar Slut up ! BT Rep: +4
    It have become better lately. People seem to understand the difference between invite rarity and tracker content. But it does bring Unnecessary desire for trackers and it encourages people to collect tracker instead of using them.
    My e-penis is so big it makes John Holmes look like a little boy.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    jam0980tr's Avatar jam cakes mmm Lovely
    rarity don't prove nuffin 2 mee all it's trying to say how special that tracker is. and Make you go crazy for it...
    Down-Speed Up-Speed
    Proud 2 Be a Member Of 0sec Tmp3

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    SIMRACK's Avatar Celtic's Fanboy BT Rep: +4
    this has been told so many times..it depends on individual preference and has nothing to do wit rarity..

p.s : i agree wih u regarding ftwr

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    People want all trackers to COMPARE to other trackers... and that is a big problem.

It's as if they like it when they are all alike... sharing the same content, at the same time, at the same speed, using the same code. So boring.

Scene sites like FTN, ScT, TL, RevTT, etc... to me, they are at the very bottom of the scale. It's a shame on the other side when sites try to be different, like SITR, they get called "horrible". OMG, it's different, terrible design, awful, what the hell, it doesn't look like all my other trackers, what am I gonna do! So ridiculous really, since it's a great tracker and have went on to create a very nice infrastructure. Which, while it may have "too many subcategories". There's nothing stopping you from blocking each individual ones you don't want to see. In a way, that's more advanced than regular trackers when you need to block entire section like "tv series" completely. There you can block all the shows you don't want, but still see the ones you're interested in. Anyway, I've ranted enough about this one.

I also disagree with the Level system. It's a bit silly, but on the sites I'm at, be they lvl 1 or 10... I like them cause they offer "something else" than the pure scene trackers.

User of the .torrent files

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    RoSsoNeRI's Avatar LoUiS VuiTtoN DoN BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I agree with ur first 2 reasons.....Unnecessary desire for trackers & Desire for collection instead of use. Those 2 r completely on the spot

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast