Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to burn a DVD-R from VIDEO_TS folder

hotwebdownload's Avatar The TRADER!!!!!! BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    I downloaded a DVD-R recently. It has only VIDEO_TS folder. How can burn it into a DVD so that I can watch it on a stand-alone DVD player?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tyman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    i use toast...you know how to get it

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Toast is Mac only right?

For PC you can use: Nero, or ConvertX2DVD

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Or use ashampoo and chose burnmovies then burn from a prepared folder and it will let you burn them..

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    MODERATION BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    At windows you can use Nero> Dvd Video.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    What I do is skip over all the brew-haha of Nero Start Smart (which blinds you to the simple and ruins your day) Instead I make a shortcut directly to Nero.exe on the desktop so I can run Nero Burning Rom like the old days (find your nero directory as Ahead for version6 or Nero for version7 in the Program Files folder and search for Nero.exe. Right click it and choose "send to desktop" create shortcut). Afterwords you can rename the file to remove the "shortcut" from the icon name.

Once on the desktop you can double click it to open Nero Burning Rom. The first thing you check is if the correct rom drive is listed at the top, if not change it, close the program and reopen (I have to do this occasionally when I switch from burning cd's with my plextor premium to burning dvd's with the Liteon dvd burner). For a VIDEO_TS folder you would next go to the left and select DVD-Video as your disk type, you can name the label at this point if you want but you get another chance later, hit NEW. That will bring up Neros empty VIDEO_TS folder for you to fill with the contents of the folder you downloaded. Hit The Burn icon above and select a label and burn speed of half the rating of your drive or media (16x media choose 8x or less / 8x older burner but 16x media choose 4x burn speed). If the dvd-r is more than 4.3gig you will burn to a dual layered dvd9 disk or use dvdshrink to resize it to dvd5 before you start all this.

Because its almost impossible to test this type of file, short of making an iso out of it and mounting in a virtual drive, and even that only checks it can play on the pc not your setop player, its a good idea to burn to dvd-rw to test (change the bit setting to dvd-rom if you can). Even that has its faults as some older players cannot play rw disks and not all are compatible with both -rw and +rw. So often its a good idea to check a few things before you start, like opening one of the main movies vob's with gspot or another video info tool to see if the movie is PAL (25.000frms) or NTSC (23.976/29.970frms) and if its not in your areas format, well thats another story and another 10min of typing.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    forget nero if you don't alredy have it.

Probably one of the easiest things t do is to use dvdshrink to burn your video_ts folder to dvd. It's a small and efficient app and pretty straight forward.

you can get dvdshrink here

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Another vote for Nero.
    The easiest method I know of.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    hotwebdownload's Avatar The TRADER!!!!!! BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Nero rocks!!!!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    dvdSanta is very easy too , I only use Nero for coping disks . What did Appzalien say "Start Smart which blinds you to the simple and ruins your day" how true .

With dvdSanta you can change between PAL or NTSC in one click .
    Last edited by peat moss; 01-12-2008 at 04:07 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast