Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FSC Request

Cheeseman1208's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I'd like to start out by saying that this is not a begging thread. Begging shows something about someone's character, or lack of it, to stoop that low. I realize that these are just file-sharing communities, and that I have no physical or mental need for them.

I'm requesting an invite to FSC, because I am looking for a good community of like-minded people. I just need a good forum to hang out in, and FSC is famous for that. I'm very active in tons of forums (not so much FST these days), and I'm always on IRC. Also, does anyone know if FSC has an IRC? I love IRC, and I would expect a community based tracker to have one.

Now, I bet your wondering who this idiot is who is asking for an FSC invite. Well, I happen to be the network administrator for a 1300 user network (+ 8 servers and 200 laptops), with my MCSA (Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator) certification. I'm somebody who knows their way around the tech world. On a more personal side, I'm somebody who's personable and friendly, because if I wasn't, I would get fired pretty quickly (being a network admin is a VERY people oriented job, but it's mostly angry users yelling at you about something). At home I'm your standard tech geek, with a fairly powerful PC, Zune (I rebelled against the iPod...), laptop, and Xbox 360. I love playing games, and I even get a few rounds of CS:S when things get slow at work (I'm also a hamachi fiend).

I'm against trading torrent sites, but I wouldn't call myself an "anti-trader", as I have in the past. Instead, I like to sit back and take a neutral position publicly. I figure it's best to stay out of the big flame war we call "traders vs anti-traders". I'm a member of several other sites, but that's irrelevant to this request. I've never cheated, traded, or scammed. I keep a strict policy of giving out invites only to some of my best real world friends, for security purposes. I also keep at least a 1:1 ratio on every site I'm a member of, but usually it's a lot higher than that. I'll probably disappear from FST (and other forums like it), in favor of "settling down" on one or two community based trackers. As they say, a rolling stone gathers no moss, and I feel I've rolled enough.

So, my simple request is this: I need a place that I can officially hang my torrenting hat up, and settle down. Somewhere I can waste time chatting to people on, while knowing that we're all members of the same tracker.

Thanks for reading.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    Totti's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    sounds sincere enough hope you get what you want GL !

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    melatonin's Avatar the entertainer™ BT Rep: +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90
    oh last time i saw you there was a keyboard on your head right ? what's comin' up this time
    " Verba Volant Scripta Manent "

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    Allexandar's Avatar ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman1208 View Post
    Thanks for reading.
    No problem

What's next?

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    G-Force's Avatar Retired BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65

I'm against trading torrent sites, but I wouldn't call myself an "anti-trader", as I have in the past.
    I've never cheated, traded, or scammed.
    I think you may have contradicted your self here a little bit mate. I hope you get it mate, you have been a great member here and many other torrent sites i have seen you at, and helped out many people, you are exactly what we are looking for at FSC.
    http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/3821/fsc1bc9am5.png

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman1208
    Now, I bet your wondering who this idiot is who is asking for an FSC invite.
    aren't you the one who propagated the mango fiasco?

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    FTN has a great community you can chill out there since you were recently invited to FTN. How many communities do you find the need to keep up with. There will always be more and more sites with great communities but that doesn't mean you to have be a part of all of them.

For example I have FSC & FTN but I dont find the need to go after FTWR or U*-* since I already have a hard enough time to keep up with FSC, FTN and FST.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    Cheeseman1208's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Force View Post
    I've never cheated, traded, or scammed.
    I think you may have contradicted your self here a little bit mate. I hope you get it mate, you have been a great member here and many other torrent sites i have seen you at, and helped out many people, you are exactly what we are looking for at FSC.
    Thats worded weirdly, sorry. I meant that I have called my self an anti-trader before, but now I'd rather keep out of that mess.

@melatonin
    Want to see me with a hard drive on my head?

@th0r
    Yeah.....I'd rather not talk about Mango....lol.

@coder
    I plan to keep up with three communities in all: FTN, FSC, and iTS. Then like I said in my post, I'm completely done. It's human nature to want what you can't have, and as such, I'll be leaving FST for good.
    Last edited by Cheeseman1208; 01-10-2008 at 10:35 PM.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    G-Force's Avatar Retired BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by _coder_ View Post
    FTN has a great community you can chill out there since you were recently invited to FTN. How many communities do you find the need to keep up with. There will always be more and more sites with great communities but that doesn't mean you to have be a part of all of them.

For example I have FSC & FTN but I dont find the need to go after FTWR or U*-* since I already have a hard enough time to keep up with FSC, FTN and FST.
    This is exactly the position i am in now, the 3 f's FST, FTN, FSC,

@melatonin
    Want to see me with a hard drive on my head?
    I do
    Last edited by G-Force; 01-10-2008 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/3821/fsc1bc9am5.png

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman1208
    Yeah, I'd rather not talk about Mango
    be prepared to, you're responsible for it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast