Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick question: Have torrenter become lazy?

FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    I see people who have been at nice, top level trackers a week, and are asking for even higher trackers >> I see brand spanking new FST accounts (~1mo old) with under 50 post requesting top level trackers >> I see users saying free leech should be mandatory >> I see posts asking which trackers it is OK to hit n run at

Quick question: Have torrenters become lazy? Does loyalty and dedication exist anymore?
    Proud Member of:

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Totti's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    lazy no greedy yes and hit n run aint ever ok where do noobs get that idea?
    Last edited by Totti; 01-10-2008 at 11:02 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    I have to chuckle each time I see someone asking for a "level" and not a specific tracker.

To answer your question from personal experience: there are a couple of trackers which are my favorites and I make an honest effort to be the best member I can be. Then there are other trackers I feel no deep affiliation with and I do maybe not the bare minimum but not overly much to keep my membership.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Loyalty & dedication is 2 way, and when sysops kick you in the balls and ban you just for having a laugh, and then totally ignores you, gotta ask is it really worth it. Not the best example to be setting I would say.

So what is wrong in asking for what someone wants, we live in a world of want it now & demand it now kids, it's only natural that it is carried over into other aspects of peoples personal lives.

It is up to the majority of us to set the standards of what is required, not only in torrenting & downloading etc, and you will get those that try the quick way in, some will succeed but most will not.

Continue to set an example yourself of what you expect from giving your loyalty & dedication to the cause, and eventually the message will get through, but don't expect a quick fix of the message to get through either
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    SaviouR's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    the rarity crap in torrents has ruined everything . PERIOD

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    colbert's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DV8type View Post
    I see people who have been at nice, top level trackers a week, and are asking for even higher trackers >> I see brand spanking new FST accounts (~1mo old) with under 50 post requesting top level trackers >> I see users saying free leech should be mandatory >> I see posts asking which trackers it is OK to hit n run at

Quick question: Have torrenters become lazy? Does loyalty and dedication exist anymore?
    I have to agree. There was such a commotion on what.cd about not enough downloading and the mods gave everyone 10GB to get em to shut up! (This was towards the site's beginning). Even ScT gave members 10GB recently to give incentive to people who feel they only can download during free leech periods. All I can think is there has to be some responsibility from both users and site mods on what is reasonable - not everyone will be able to maintain 1.0 for a variety of reasons. On the user side, it just takes a bit of time to maintain ratio and most importantly to keep seeding! Some people are just impatient and dig too big a hole. So many people complain about low ratio I go look at their stats and they're seeding 2 things or nothing!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    A large majority of idiots is to be expected on a public forum and yea the level's don't help.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    it's a combination of some negative attributes that people have acquired. Some (or many) have become collectors, who don't care for the communities they're becoming a part of. For them, it's just a game "good, I got this one.. which one is next".. as long as there is a "higher level" to posses, nothing will ever be sufficient.

Some beleive that because they are part of these "high level" sites, they are above others, and that they are entitled to some benefits.. they have rights. (we sometimes forget that we have the privilege to be part of these communities).

The problem is that many don't become part of the community, they just hunt for the next best thing, and adopt this negative mentality of 'what is it that I can take from this site' rather than 'how can I help to improve this community'. They never understand what does it mean to be part of a community, they just want to say they are part of it... so they can feel special, and add another trophy to their signatures.....
    Last edited by kaffeine; 01-10-2008 at 11:24 PM.
    This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Long John Silver
    Quote Originally Posted by DV8type View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Totti View Post
    lazy no greedy yes and hit n run aint ever ok where do noobs get that idea?
    Agreed...I don't know about others but I enjoy uploading - gives me a sense of "worth" online lol. But there are plenty who want want want and I don't know how they do it, but are probably members of 40 sites! As for hit n run..never heard of it !

Also if free leech was mandatory wouldn't there be no point to sharing?! Thought free leech was just to help/reward members with now and again..making it mandatory is pointless imo.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    DV8type I'm waiting for you to beg me to join FSC.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast