Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moral issue

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    what country are you from?
    Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by SiNa View Post
    man i would not force my friends to pay for what i give them never. they are my friends!

get the stuff from a public tracker or limewire for songs if you want to help out your friends and at the same time cannot keep a ratio in a private tracker
    I use public trackers too; takes about 1 week to dl a movie.
    I use RS to get most of my songs but it is a pain in the ass downloading those .rar files, and you need to be primium user(pay) to use a downloading manager.
    Limewire; I was there; no more now.
    Last edited by TP635; 01-11-2008 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    horiZen's Avatar >>SSL ENCRYPTED<<
    to ask friends to donate towards what u getting is only fair if you are sharing with them..bandwidth in some countries can be expensive and sometimes it is indeed better to form a group(friends)+rent a gigabit box,,,lol,,,a 100MBit is just fine though

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    sounds kind of silly to me. if you're so worried about it download only on sites during freeleech, or download lots of a freeleech section, or download from sites that only count upload ratio, or sites that don't count ratio, or ... so many ways to do it without paying $$.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    Force them to pay. If my friends wanted a ride to school/uni/work, i would tell them to pay petrol, or start walking. So same thing applies to seedboxes.
    Last edited by pandabear; 01-11-2008 at 05:45 AM.

Someone invite me to fsc please

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    limpdickkid's Avatar Free Ringdings rule BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    nah I could never do it. What I would suggest is try and hint them to what your plan is and if you think they didnt like what you said you'll know to back off and you can still easily say it was a joke. And when they ask you for something next time just tell them that you havent been able to download because "whatever reason". My friends did the same thing but I didnt have any problems maintaining ratios as I could use the university's connection so what I did is taught them how to download and no one bothers me anymore. ;-)
    Search RS: Click
    To get the latest scene releases on RS with good pre-times goto: http://www.rslinks.org/
    Alt.Binz 0.28.2
    For an organised list of NZB searching and indexing sites go here -> Click Me...4 N.Z.B. ...it rhymes
    For latest goals goto: www.101greatgoals.com
    To stream sports goto www.myp2p.eu

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    prasadah's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    If you ask them money to donate few things may be happen
    like if you fail to download due to some personal problems yourself become guilty that you cudn't give the stuff on time...
    even they wont dominate you, money always a reason to get big misunderstandings,
    or even if you are not interested to download some movie, even though you have to
    download for their sake, moreover you cannot reject their request since you are taking
    their money, and also this is a question of how your friends are close to you...
    finally you may loose independence
    Last edited by prasadah; 01-11-2008 at 06:30 AM.
    I'm Head Strong. MIND IT!!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Those that depend on me to get the files are always willing to pay; It is me that do not want their money. I take pride in sharing. All they have to do is hand me a usb flash drive or an external drive and I will fill it up with want they want. ( I don't like burning files to CD).
    The alternative for them is to wait for the pirate version of that albums/movies/games to come out in the side street market.
    A seedbox is the last resort; I am aware of other methods of getting those files. I want to explore more ways.
    And someone last nite want me to get him the full pack of Police Acadamy! That is where a seed box may help.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Cheffy's Avatar Slut up ! BT Rep: +4
    When i was in the army i had my computer with me, And everyone that wanted to burn a cd had to pay. (This was back in 98) Since they ocupied my computer wile seaching for music and the time it took to burn the cd. I got earned like 300-400 bucks extra each month by doing that. And when you are in the army earning 20 bucks each day in a country were a pack of cigarettes went for 10 bucks its nice having some extra cash to party away in the weekends.

But for my friends i could never ask them to pay, but if you were dependent on earning money to be able to supply them with files i guess you could ask for donations. But for "friends" that you never hang out with that only give you a flash drive or a disk and ask you to to fill it i guess it would be "ok" to charge for it.
    But in this day of age i would be really careful, i think i would only ask for donations. because even if you need the money to pay for the box you are basically selling wares for profit. And in most countries thats the laws for that are much harsher for that then a user that just download for his own personal use.
    My e-penis is so big it makes John Holmes look like a little boy.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    mera's Avatar Member BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Perhaps explaining to them your situation and that you might need to get a seedbox would be solution that is agreeable to all? Afterall, if they are your friends they would not want to take advantage of you like you would not of them (ie taking money).

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I'd just be honest with them. Explain to them the situation and how the seedbox helps them, then ask if they'll mind helping with the seedbox. Even if they decline at first, they probably feel bad when they see you going so far out of your way to help them and cave lol.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast