Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Social Groups

BANNED BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    So I wrote this

"I've made a group that might be rather successful. I really love what you have done without the board and I realize without this update this wouldn't have even been possible. I don't want to ask for too much, but I would LOVE you if you could change some of the groups interfaces a little. Heres a small list

*Give admins of invite only groups the right to hand out invites to selected members.

*give admins the ability to actually edit the details of the group at the top of the groups page. I remember when the groups were first done this was possible but for some reason its not anymore.

*give admins the right to appoint other users as mods and have admin controls.

*make the post system kinda like the normal forum section on here, where u can quote ppl etc.

Thank you for reading

Thanks,
    Zaa"

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    Demigod's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I agree with zaa. Especially with the last point about being able to sort the messages into threads and the ability to quote people.

That'll make it much easier to view the messages.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I do agree it needs to be easier to find. I would suggest a direct like next to the board rules, or somewhere in that area would be great.
    Aside from zaa730 's suggestions (just posted), which I think would be great, only other thing I would change would be the posting style. Its just one long thread right now, and that is very hard to keep up with, almost distracting. Some sort of thread posting, or catergory, anything but 1 long post.

Loving the new layout and features since my joining. Keep up the great work guys/gals. BIG thanks for all the hard work you've all put into this site.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by zaa730 View Post
    So I wrote this

"I've made a group that might be rather successful. I really love what you have done without the board and I realize without this update this wouldn't have even been possible. I don't want to ask for too much, but I would LOVE you if you could change some of the groups interfaces a little. Heres a small list

*Give admins of invite only groups the right to hand out invites to selected members.

*give admins the ability to actually edit the details of the group at the top of the groups page. I remember when the groups were first done this was possible but for some reason its not anymore.

*give admins the right to appoint other users as mods and have admin controls.

*make the post system kinda like the normal forum section on here, where u can quote ppl etc.

Thank you for reading

Thanks,
    Zaa"
    Invites? Admins? Mods?

They aren't trackers or even sub-forums, they're groups for chit-chat.

The ability to quote sounds like a reasonable request and maybe giving the group starter the ability to edit the group name or details, but the rest isn't going to happen.

yo

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    So no go on at least some sort of organized posting? Or is this just supposed to be a group shot box, thats what it is now anyway. and if that was the goal, could have just added one shoutbox to the main page.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Added the editing option.
    Quoting is not going to happen unless vbulletin adds it.
    Admin/mod stuff isn't going to happen. Social groups aren't that big...
    The rest Im not sure about.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post
    Added the editing option.
    Quoting is not going to happen unless vbulletin adds it.
    Admin/mod stuff isn't going to happen. Social groups aren't that big...
    The rest Im not sure about.
    Thanks for the update!
    I really think if more people saw it they would consider using it. Most people (myself included) didn't even know they existed until some one said something in a thread I saw. There just needs to be a link some where that people can see during the course of normal board use. Having it hidden away like it is will undoubtedly hinder its usage. Who looks at the links in the control panel? I never have at least... That plus the posting style. I know its not another board, but one big shoutbox type system isn't what I (and others) had in mind for a social group. No features are really needed (even if wanted), just some sort of organization. Even just breaking it up into a new post every 24 hours would help. Just some suggestions, I know your working hard on other things as well, so take all the time you need to think about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12