Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Whats special on revolt ?

DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    now now boys

2. BitTorrent   -   #122
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    I think what makes Revolt so special is having the right people there, people you can trust and generally chat about anything you like (within reason). You can pour your heart out and get a sympathetic ear, ask for advice on any topic and you'll get it or just go there because you enjoy it.

There are many different types of members there but that makes it all more interesting but the one thing they have in common is that they all fit in there.

There are some members here that I have no doubt will fit in and may be invited in the future but most of those who have asked to join Revolt clearly would not fit in. Just accept that you are not going to get in there no matter how many times you ask. If you were suitable you would have been in there by now.

3. BitTorrent   -   #123
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    why don't we close this thread ?
    i guess we all know by now what's special about revolt and revolter ?
    they like to speak alot

For Serving Community

4. BitTorrent   -   #124
    BANNED BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    why don't we close this thread ?
    i guess we all know by now what's special about revolt and revolter ?
    they like to speak alot
    and why we should close this thread?

its interested thread and i belive there is so many ppl still have questions or still have not readed this so keep it up or maybe need to know more
    Last edited by supper; 01-14-2008 at 06:18 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #125
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    more ,they say all they can say

For Serving Community

6. BitTorrent   -   #126
    pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    In no way though is revolt in the least elitist, it is a group of like minded people who discuss freely, and you can be far more free with your opinions than anywhere else I am a member of. I hope this post encourages people, revolt is not mysterious it is private but it is a huge amount of fun. There are some that don't fit, there are quite a few who were banned and harbor ill feeling because of this, but such is life move on, most who were banned were cheating the rules of the forum anyway, but for those who do wish to belong, simply be an open honest community person and revolt will come calling.
    Personally i think if sites wish to escape the elitest tags, they should have a sort of application for access to the site kinda of thing, where you prove you are already a good member on other sites, and staff checks your application. Only problem is the sheer number of applications likely to be flooded in, maybe some sort of nomination system from current users before you can fill in application ?

Someone invite me to fsc please

7. BitTorrent   -   #127
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Personally i think if sites wish to escape the elitest tags, they should have a sort of application for access to the site kinda of thing, where you prove you are already a good member on other sites, and staff checks your application. Only problem is the sheer number of applications likely to be flooded in, maybe some sort of nomination system from current users before you can fill in application ?
    AOM follows such a system.If an existing member wants his friend to join then that "friend" needs to be well informed about magic related stuff.This is because when an invite is sent,the invitee has to fill up an application which will be evaluated by the staff and this takes about a month.

Slightly offtopic but thats why it was a big surprise when the signups opened.

8. BitTorrent   -   #128
    pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    Yea similar to AOM, without the need to have an invite. Or have invites really easy to get, ie you need to have x amount of good posts, or however they do it in revolt.

Someone invite me to fsc please

9. BitTorrent   -   #129
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    the recruiters at revolt are picky about the things they want to see before inviting someone so having applications will just make them work all day looking at shitty applications. its fine the way it is now, if you're a deserving member who wants it you'll get it eventually.

10. BitTorrent   -   #130
    mike160's Avatar Old School
    the best