Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ideal # of Torrent to Seed

Torn's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    edit: double post
    Last edited by Torn; 01-12-2008 at 06:57 AM. Reason: double post

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    This is depressing. The reason you seed torrents, is so they don't die, not for bonus points.. The most torrents i have had seeding is 530 something, and the files seeded fine, usually with 3 or 4 torrents going at once. You can limit number of active torrents, if you want to try give decent amount of bandwidth to users leeching off you. And no problems with overhead packet transfer, unless you try to update tracker on all torrents at once, which puts a bit of data transfer on your line, tho never enough to max line out, or even come close.

Someone invite me to fsc please

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    kadake's Avatar Hayden's Watching u
    i seed 100+ torrents at ScT alone because gaining back your upload ratio is quite hard due to the amount of seeders there, if i setup a Que or only start a few torrents i would never gain back my ratio.

The only other answer is to setup RSS in your Client, now i have tuned mine it works like a dream, so you could have lot less torrents running and get the RSS to Grab them on release and it will Seed much harder due to the demand.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    doubled posted me

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    doubled posted me

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Like kadake said it all depends on what site as well as how much bandwidth you have. Also it depends on what your router can handle, if you patched XP (if you used that), if you are using a light or heavy client, if the torents are big or small (exe, mp3, DVD etc.) and if the torrents are relatively new and popular.

There really isn't one right answer on this one.

I usually have +100 torrents seeding in my client, but some of those are unpopular music torrents while others are new movies. I ralely happens that I stay maxed out for more than a couple of hours at a time unless there are very few other seeders on a torrent someone wants.

That's on 512Kbps up as well and using Azureus.

If I get close to 200 torrents at a time then Azureus often will start acting a bit sluggish, but that probably depends on all of the above as well.
    Last edited by Blue_Skies; 01-12-2008 at 02:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    colombianino's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    or just swap between torrents, example would be to keep about 6 torrents maximum active and delete one and add another one. is what i do and never had problems with seeding. i just wish my upload speed was at least 2mbit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12