Thread: Anyone getting...bored with different sites?

So the question is has anyone gotten a little tired of the routine?

Is it just me? Am I the only one who thinks 90% of the content available is the same on all the sites you frequent? Am I the only one who thinks the pre time is the exactly 0. Because if its not on the sites I hit it will be the next time?

Whats the story folks. Am I crazy or is the only thing that makes one site truly better then the other at this point the friends you have in your community? Is sharing really caring? I think so.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    i dont really care about pretimes and 0 day trackers for their 0 day content. i'm never in too much of a hurry to get anything right away anyways. I care more for specialized trackers, where I'll find the more obscure stuff i want.

ex:
    Rockbox is great for grindcore/ death metal
    Kraytracker is good for underground music and is impossible (for me) to get a bad ratio
    What.cd/Waffles/STM for all other MUSIC

then I guess I have specialized movies/tvshows/games trackers which are also nice. I don't really use my 0 day trackers much recently, but then again i'm running out of harddrive space so i need to be picky

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I just upload and compile packs nowadays...

each tracker serves a different purpose...

The only sites that are the same are 0day sites.

there is a big world outside of 0day =D go explore it!

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Cheffy's Avatar Slut up ! BT Rep: +4
    I have to agree, its starting to become a bit much now.
    But as a pack lover i still have to browse all trackers, usually several times a day.
    But it usually dont take long to look to see if there is something i want on them.

Edit:
    Yes, the trackers i use the most is the once were i feel at home at the forums.
    And since i feel welcome on those trackers i can seed packs for months. Since i know that the users that finds them are my friends. So sharing is caring.
    Last edited by Cheffy; 01-12-2008 at 07:39 AM.
    My e-penis is so big it makes John Holmes look like a little boy.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    I always thought that every true file sharer first gets into it for the content but after a few years there is only so much you can watch or archive and then all of sudden you find yourself attracted more to the sharing part of it then the actual stuff you are getting.

So at the end of the day the community matters more then the actual content for the dedicated file sharer in my humble opinion.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by suckermc View Post
    So the question is has anyone gotten a little tired of the routine?
    well im not bored with different sites,but im getting really bored with downloading torrent

Is it just me? Am I the only one who thinks 90% of the content available is the same on all the sites you frequent? Am I the only one who thinks the pre time is the exactly 0. Because if its not on the sites I hit it will be the next time?
    u are right on 90% trackers torrent are the same,abouth pretime i really dont care if they late hours or two im not interesting in that anyway as long there are leechers to seedback

yes sharing is caring

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    X X - - (-o-) (-o-) BT Rep: +3
    I would say 80% is the usualy 0day, and 20% the other. besides the 20 % other you need around 20 % 0day, and you are done, you dont need every 0 day site to be happy and be able to get all the content.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Most 0day sites are the same.

These days on 0day sites, I usually download on whichever I have the best buffer, how old the file is and how easy I can seed back. A good community is always a good plus.