Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trouble formating new hardrive

the drive works because the first time i plugged the drive in it showed up as drive j i then tried to format the drive and afterwards the drive had gone. any1 kno how i can get usb mass storage bak on device manager?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    i think the hardrive is fine because when i first plugged it in the drive came up(J but after i tried to formatt it it went. any ideas how to get usb mass storage bak ?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by krish123 View Post
    the drive works because the first time i plugged the drive in it showed up as drive j i then tried to format the drive and afterwards the drive had gone. any1 kno how i can get usb mass storage bak on device manager?
    I would assume nothing about that drive yet.

First things first though...the USB drivers are reinstalled with your motherboard's chipset drivers. If your PC came with disks you should be able to find them there.
    If not, download them from Acer.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    ok downloaded the chipset drivers for my comp, but there are many files within different folders which do i need to go in for the usb mass storage?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Just reinstall the chipset package as a whole.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    ok got the usb storage back and the ide drivers. now how to get the external hardrive to appear? when i go into the disk drives in device manager there is wdc-wd400bb etc i think this is the external hardive but its not present on my comp.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Start> My Computer.
    Right click> Manage.

Left pane> Disk Management> double left click.

What shows up here?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    just my c and d drives not the j drive of the external hd? i tried rescan for drive but that doesnt work either i have the external hd' usb at the front of the modem does this make a difference

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Dunno.
    Try a port in the rear and see...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    plugged it into the bak and it says usb mass storage, new hardware, hard disk drive, then says your device may not work properly unless you reboot, so it asks for reboot, and after rebooted the drive doesnt appear in my comp. what shall i do? first time a pluged it in drive j appeared in my comp.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast