Thread: Will downloading the same torrent from two different places at once work?

Poster BT Rep: +1
    For example, say I find the same release at two places, but neither of them have very many seeds. Could I add both torrents to my client and download it like that, or will this form come kind of redundancy? If so, is there a way to do it?
    Sig goes here.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    not on private trackers (would result in you being banned for faking the data reported)

on public trackers... if the torrent hash is the same, you can add all the trackers to the same torrents (and smash up the swarms in that way)

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    O_O

Good thing I asked, then
    Sig goes here.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    -------------- BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Add the torrents to your client from two different places and save them on two different places on your hard drive. Just make sure you download half the files in one torrent and the other half in the second torrent so the whole thing can be downloaded faster.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Long John Silver
    Quote Originally Posted by darkrival View Post
    Add the torrents to your client from two different places and save them on two different places on your hard drive. Just make sure you download half the files in one torrent and the other half in the second torrent so the whole thing can be downloaded faster.
    Good suggestion...so if you had 6 from A and 6 from B it's like having 12! So simple yet i never thought of it!