Quote Originally Posted by marksman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by t0mmy View Post
    detale for president !!
    hell yeah.
    I agree it's about time the US had a gay new yorker for president

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #22
    lostdemon's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    @deathking
    I saw your what.cd video and laughed alot. I really liked it but look kid you need to look in the mirror. Your in no position to be calling anyone a retard besides this is their debate there is no need for you to be jumping in with your insults.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #23
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    very well said
    Last edited by N4riX; 01-14-2008 at 12:19 AM.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #24
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat69 View Post

Not to point out the rules, but this is taken from the section guidelines.

Accounts That Are Not To Be Traded
    • Below lists bt sites which accounts are NOT allowed to be traded.
    • Note that any invite trades for these is allowed on the site.
    • Trades that are NOT allowed will be edited or trashed.
    • Infractions might be given for posting such threads.
    • Those repeating will be locked from the section.
    E**** | FTN | iPlay | iTS | NB | TDC | TL | WB

And nearly all trackers are against trading, hence why they dont allow people to post/seak about other trackers in their irc/forums on their sites. I only know of 6 sites that have invite trading sections in their forums.

You can pull the, well it says invite trading is allowed...however how is that when, if you read the tracker rules below, you can only invite someone you trust.

As for community reps, I am not one last time I checked, but that doesn't mean what I am saying is untrue. Trackers that I am a member of have never had an issue with my statements made here and some have even applauded my effort to keep publicity on the down low and by making it aware that using their invites as a means to barter for other trackers is looked down upon and does result in a ban.

I am not trying to pick a fight, I just want you to see it from my point of view. Also the community reps are here for support for their relative trackers, I am pretty sure most of them arent a fan at all when seeing their invites or accounts traded as nearly all trackers have the following in their rules:
    • Your account is personal and not to be shared by / transferred to / traded with others.
    • NEVER mention our url outside of XXXX You may refer to "XXXX" instead.
    • Only invite people you trust. Advertising invites to XXXX on forums will get you banned.
    or
    • NO advertisement of invites on other sites and their forums. We are a private community. People who offer their invites publicly on other sites will be disabled without warning.
    • Only invite people you trust, or suffer the consequences.
    That is from two sites that do have reps here. So even though they do have reps, they still dont support trading of invites or accounts.

Again, not here to pick a fight, but trackers have rules that go against your statement regarding trading, therefore I feel I am in no wrong by stating that if someone does trade an invite to a particular tracker, they will get banned.

Trading an invite doesnt constitute trust, if it did, they there would be no need for the middleman crew...so although you say invite trading is allowed, it is just a loop whole that gets milked.

Atleast this is my point of view, and it applies to all invite/account trading. I mean if trackers wanted their invites traded, then they would have no problem with allowing their users to broadcast it publicly, however from reading the above rules, that is not the case at all.
    Well said. OK I agree we are not fighting with each other just having a healthy debate, that I always enjoy. , with respect and courtesy toward each other.

Of course I will say that in the rules it says Invite trading is allowed, and sure tracker rules say to invite only people you trust which I agree with completely. You should trade with only those you trust. Now to my knowledge I didn't know that you were a member of staff there and we DO have a Community Rep Here ITS.So invite trading and mentioning the acronym of the site are allowed, The very name of your community rep breaks the tracker rules but that is something thats is agreed to when a site gets a CR here. The site will make an exception for FST members and their activity only on FST. If a member here trades an invite on another site and gets caught it's my understanding that they can then be reprimanded in turn FST uses filters and doesn't allow the url to be posted. In short we have an agreement to meet in the middle for the benefit of the BT community as a whole.

Now if you are a member of staff there then you should most likely know about your CR ITS and before you say to members here that don't know any better "Close this because if anyone dares to invite you, they will be banned from iTS as well as their ip/username/email address and yours will be sent to staff of other sites as known traders." you should really check with him as a recognised Representative of ITS otherwise you are simply spreading propaganda

( Yeah!)

I am not a staff member either, consider me, a very well informed and trusted member of communities.

The community rep's name does not break the rules of the tracker:
    Never mention our url outside of iTS. You may refer to "iTS" instead.

Therefore I dont know what you are referring to there. The fact is, account traders are not welcome at this tracker. Anyone who is known as an account trader and is invited, WILL be banned. The inviter does also risk getting a ban as well since invites are request only, so you need to know who you are inviting before asking for invites.

I am well within the rights of a user to inform other users here on FST whether or not a candidate would be accepted properly into a community, so they are aware that they might receive a ban for their actions of inviting know Cheaters, scammers, account traders to the site. My posts are targetted at them and only them.

If someone trades accounts and is asking for an invite, there is a highly probable chance that they will just trade the account once it is created, therefore is it not safe to say that giving an invite to someone who trades accounts is the same as trading an account to begin with?

Here is my question to you, if trading accounts is against the rules, how is trading invites not. As an invite is just a new account...is it not?

If you can prove to me that an invite is not a new account, I will gladly concede to your reason, however I believe that when it comes down to it, an account and an invite are the same.
    The only difference in account trading is that the person who originally invited the user was unaware that the account would be traded to a new person.

For this tracker, the tracker grants invites per request to users who wish to invite friends. Therefore by trading the invite, the staff who granted you the invite, were unaware that it was to be traded to a random person, not your friend.

Are they not one in the same?

If you dont disagree, then it would seem that FST's rules here saying no account trading for iTS should also apply to invite trading.

I enjoy this debate, it is very intellectually stimulating and more amusing then the normal threads here.

Riddle me this:

Last edited by fatcat69; 01-14-2008 at 12:26 AM.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #25
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Good point, well made.
    Now go away.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #26
    Wormtail's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90
    Yes, good words fatcat ! You have mad a important point

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #27
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
    I don0t believe that anyone is a member on Its, never trade anything in your life..I thing every member on hight level tracker trade once in is life..
    We arent saying that, we are saying we arent accepting active traders.

There is a difference between past traders and active traders.

Active = within the last few months

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #28
    deathking81's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by lostdemon View Post
    @deathking
    I saw your what.cd video and laughed alot. I really liked it but look kid you need to look in the mirror. Your in no position to be calling anyone a retard besides this is their debate there is no need for you to be jumping in with your insults.
    1. the video was made to be funny. why dont you post a picture of yourself? why the fuck are you insulting how someone else looks, especially online. that is just straightout rude, uncalled for, and is discrimination.
    2. fatcat has gone around being a dick for a while and i wanted him to know i dont like him, and that dude that's arguing agianst him is awesome.
    3. dont bother responding, because this is the last look i have at this thread.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #29
    X X - - (-o-) (-o-) BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
    I don0t believe that anyone is a member on Its, never trade anything in your life..I thing every member on hight level tracker trade once in is life..
    i havent

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #30
    Enzo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Yes fatcat i now..I'm a member in some hight level and not gonna mention..And i trade once in a will some thing and low trackers..Yes Its don't invite traders but he doesn't mean i will trade the account..Like to say a non trader will trade is account some day

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast