Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Summary ban..

  1. #1
    Long John Silver
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    365

    Question Mark

    What exactly does this entail? For some reason I've never asked or known) - I presume ti has to do with cheating but what does that mean? IS that using software to fake ratio upload??

  2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    jam0980tr's Avatar jam cakes mmm Lovely
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    far away some paradise!!!
    Posts
    938
    I just Ban Romania, country on my server full Range ip ban am sick of them letting in ip's by peerlist on utorrent everytime i upload a torrent now all i can say is Ro.IP'S Pwned
    Last edited by jam0980tr; 01-14-2008 at 02:01 AM.

  3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    behind the turntables
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,658
    Quote Originally Posted by jam0980tr View Post
    I just Ban Romania, country on my server full Range ip ban am sick of them letting in ip's by peerlist on utorrent everytime i upload a torrent now all i can say is Ro.IP'S Pwned
    might save you some work :-)

  4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    jam0980tr's Avatar jam cakes mmm Lovely
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    far away some paradise!!!
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jam0980tr View Post
    I just Ban Romania, country on my server full Range ip ban am sick of them letting in ip's by peerlist on utorrent everytime i upload a torrent now all i can say is Ro.IP'S Pwned
    might save you some work :-)

    Polarbear trust me they allways do it am just sick of them ro ip's they come out frm no where someone thinks they so clever letting them ip's in to the torrent's that i upload,and i can say is Ro.IP'S Pwned frm now on no more of them Romania ip on any of my torrent's
    Down-Speed Up-Speed
    Proud 2 Be a Member Of 0sec Tmp3







  5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Long John Silver
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    365
    Is this like a thread hijack whereby nobody answers the OP and just ignore the n00b question?! lol

    What do sites consider "cheating"? And what exactly does a "summary ban" entail? Enquiring n00b wants to know!

  6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    behind the turntables
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,658
    Quote Originally Posted by bruckwine View Post
    Is this like a thread hijack whereby nobody answers the OP and just ignore the n00b question?! lol

    What do sites consider "cheating"? And what exactly does a "summary ban" entail? Enquiring n00b wants to know!
    cheating is when you manipulate your stats with anything else than uploading or downloading.

  7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Long John Silver
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bruckwine View Post
    Is this like a thread hijack whereby nobody answers the OP and just ignore the n00b question?! lol

    What do sites consider "cheating"? And what exactly does a "summary ban" entail? Enquiring n00b wants to know!
    cheating is when you manipulate your stats with anything else than uploading or downloading.
    Ok great - simple enough but I didn't wnt to assume..e.g. having a file from one tracker and sharing it on another (once they don't exclude upping) was why i asked...

  8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by bruckwine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post

    cheating is when you manipulate your stats with anything else than uploading or downloading.
    Ok great - simple enough but I didn't wnt to assume..e.g. having a file from one tracker and sharing it on another (once they don't exclude upping) was why i asked...

    If itīs exactly the same file thereīs no problem at all. At least the trackers where I am at allow that practice.
    In fact, itīs an excellent way to build ratio.

    Summary ban refers to the fact that staff of a tracker ban you due to a severe fault you committed, as cheating. Thereīs no appeal, you have no defense.








  9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    orfik's Avatar 20th Century Boy BT Rep: +3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    NY
    Age
    33
    Posts
    358
    Right. It means a ban with no warning.




    "Be easy, my ninja."


  10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep ND Rythm
    Posts
    786
    If you have a question on what is allowed and what is not allowed on a site I say feel free to post it there if it is not covered in there FAQ's or stickies in the forums.

    Especially since different sites have different rules on partial seeding and other things.

    Also when it comes to Invite sellers or ratio cheaters that get caught what happens is they end up loosing not only the site where they committed the offense, but also possibly end up blacklist across a bunch of sites since community staff have ways of communicating to get the necessary proof.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •