Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 62

Thread: ScT Anti-Cheating System

  1. #1
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    260
    What do all the members think about their new detection? Sure, it catches cheaters, but does it also disable people who haven't done anything wrong? I know a few of friends of mine who got banned for "spoofing data", and they insisted they did nothing wrong. My real life friend got banned for "ghost leeching" awhile ago, and I know he doesn't cheat let alone know what the term "ghost leeching" means. He just downloaded different parts of a torrent and seeded those specific parts. The wonderful "anti-cheat" detection looked at his torrent ratio, and saw he had 100mb downloaded and 5gb uploaded. Cheater! (Auto disabled) He went on the IRC help and a staff member laughed and informed him that his account would not be undisabled. Does most of the staff even understand how the anti-cheat system works? Or do they just read the "reason for ban" off their screen and jump to conclusions about a member...

    What does everyone think about the system?

  2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    83
    So far, it seems to work by banning a lot of cheaters, but I also know that it is having a bad effect on innocents who cheated by no means.

  3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    north cali
    Posts
    841
    i haven't had any problem with it so I didn't think much about it.

    however, I remember I invited someone on oink who was banned for cheating before he even downloaded anything and I lost all my invites. I was pissed about it because he wasn't cheating. I don't need to get into details, but when you have proof like if you are looking over their computer or something along those lines, it is retarded to see innocent people banned.

  4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    spamming ur mom and sis.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,755
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielleD87 View Post
    i haven't had any problem with it so I didn't think much about it.

    however, I remember I invited someone on oink who was banned for cheating before he even downloaded anything and I lost all my invites. I was pissed about it because he wasn't cheating. I don't need to get into details, but when you have proof like if you are looking over their computer or something along those lines, it is retarded to see innocent people banned.
    Same sorta thing happened to me

  5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    ok...
    Last edited by swap; 01-14-2008 at 06:23 AM.

  6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    predateur's Avatar .ıllılı.ıl.lı. BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,025
    i have a friend was banned because of this anti cheat
    he has 10.50gb upload and 1mb download
    he dont know how to talk on irc so i logged to sct irc to see what happened and , first they told me because of cheating, the stat (10.5gb ) was from : 2donation for invite (they will give you 250mb for every invitee) and 10gb of the new year 2008 , so deviant saw there is nothing about cheat , and he told me to wait for admin, and when this fucking money lover comes and saw there is nothing wrrong with this account he kicked me from irc and told me i dont know why but you are detected as cheater and our new system is 100% fiable o.O no comment .
    Vectoral FTW!

  7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by predateur View Post
    i have a friend was banned because of this anti cheat
    he has 10.50gb upload and 1mb download
    he dont know how to talk on irc so i logged to sct irc to see what happened and , first they told me because of cheating, the stat (10.5gb ) was from : 2donation for invite (they will give you 250mb for every invitee) and 10gb of the new year 2008 , so deviant saw there is nothing about cheat , and he told me to wait for admin, and when this fucking money lover comes and saw there is nothing wrrong with this account he kicked me from irc and told me i dont know why but you are detected as cheater and our new system is 100% fiable o.O no comment .
    Uploading 10.5 GB with 1 mb download
    No logic at all

  8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    predateur's Avatar .ıllılı.ıl.lı. BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,025
    Quote Originally Posted by swap View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by predateur View Post
    i have a friend was banned because of this anti cheat
    he has 10.50gb upload and 1mb download
    he dont know how to talk on irc so i logged to sct irc to see what happened and , first they told me because of cheating, the stat (10.5gb ) was from : 2donation for invite (they will give you 250mb for every invitee) and 10gb of the new year 2008 , so deviant saw there is nothing about cheat , and he told me to wait for admin, and when this fucking money lover comes and saw there is nothing wrrong with this account he kicked me from irc and told me i dont know why but you are detected as cheater and our new system is 100% fiable o.O no comment .
    Uploading 10.5 GB with 1 mb download
    No logic at all
    its not uploaded , its 10GB of the 2008 party for every user and 500mb of 2 invites
    also it was free leech periode
    Vectoral FTW!

  9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    At your place!
    Posts
    61
    ^ that pretty much sucks ass! feel sorry for you, but what can you do? ScT likes money...the more they ban, the more money they get

  10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by predateur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swap View Post
    Uploading 10.5 GB with 1 mb download
    No logic at all
    its not uploaded , its 10GB of the 2008 party for every user and 500mb of 2 invites
    also it was free leech periode
    Lol same sorta thing happened with my friend,It was not his actual stats but the torrent stats that got his ass kicked
    He had downloaded a file from other site and was seeding it at SCT so the download was abt 256 kb and upload around 13.6 GB
    Next day he cheked his acc was disabled,went to the irc and kicked off with the same reason that their cheat system is fooooooooool proof


Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •