Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: ScT Anti-Cheating System

pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by whitmar View Post
    Does anyone know of some legitimate practice that an honest person could do that might trigger a false cheating report?
    I am not sure if you are check out the thread about the implemention of this system, it has a bit of info on what the system was doing, and how it is possible for a normal user to trigger ghost leeching warnings ( tho i suspect a lot of posts in that thread got edited). All the same, if you get banned just approach is calmly, and the staff member will look at your track record, and you should get unbanned. You will notice there is often a few obvious differences between a cheater and a innocent user.

Someone invite me to fsc please

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    i don't know how the software works and i don't know any people that were banned because of cheating.

i do believe that sct staff acts responsible and looks into accounts that have been detected or flagged by the script.

the script helped to ban a lot of cheater which is good, because they hurt the tracker.

no piece of software and no human works 100%.

there may be people that are banned because of mistakes by either the script or a staff member.

but i think those cases are very very rare. the majority who is banned for cheating did cheat.

the problem is, that there are no cheaters who say:"oh yeah, i cheated. you and your script got me. it works great. excellent job, regards to the coder. can i have my account back now?"

the typical cheater will never ever admit that he's been cheating. many of them come to irc and demand their account back claiming to be angels or even act rude.

they will find any excuse that they can imagine to get their account back and i understand that this can be very exhausting and work intensive for staff.

i'm sure that one of the most common excuses they hear lately is "i wasn't doing anything wrong it was your faulty script. i'm soooo innocent."

the script can't be so bad. othwerwise you won't have tens of thousands of members that aren't affected by it at all.

tracker coders are not stupid. they don't activate a script that is faulty and flags random good users.

cheaters are lying bastards - it's their mentality.

it's sometimes hard to respect and find the innocent amongst 99% who are guilty.

if somebody thinks he was banned for no reasons, go to their irc and explain your case in a friendly and reasonable manner.

if it really was sct's fault and not yours you will get your account back.

just be aware of the fact that 99% of the people claiming the same are just cheating liars.

they are the ones who make good users look implausible and not a script.
    No offence but this is one of the most idiotic post i have evr read in my life
    Lets say Polar bear if ur 1 TB buffered acc is banned from SCT without any cheating(as u say flaw in the script)The next day u whine at SCT irc,They misbehave with u and kick u off then will u be posting the same shit here

Okay we know that the script is not fuckin flawless and cheaters will go to irc and will say that they have not cheated,Here all the shit comes
    Before implementing such a big system,SCT shud have thought a 1000 times how to re enable an account if the user was not cheating at all.....

We are not talking abt the script but we are talking abt how retard the SCT staff is.....

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I think it' a great system to have in place. The ramifications of that though is the detection system sometimes flagging innoncent users as cheaters. I think S*T staff are good enough to distinguish good users from cheaters. Hopefully they revise it to work a little better for any users that really didn't cheat though (if thats really the case). I still think it's good.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by tatootian View Post
    I've always wanted to get into ScT but it seems like it's fucking gay now :/
    i second that!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Hanz™'s Avatar making the world go BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by willsmith099 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    i don't know how the software works and i don't know any people that were banned because of cheating.

i do believe that sct staff acts responsible and looks into accounts that have been detected or flagged by the script.

the script helped to ban a lot of cheater which is good, because they hurt the tracker.

no piece of software and no human works 100%.

there may be people that are banned because of mistakes by either the script or a staff member.

but i think those cases are very very rare. the majority who is banned for cheating did cheat.

the problem is, that there are no cheaters who say:"oh yeah, i cheated. you and your script got me. it works great. excellent job, regards to the coder. can i have my account back now?"

the typical cheater will never ever admit that he's been cheating. many of them come to irc and demand their account back claiming to be angels or even act rude.

they will find any excuse that they can imagine to get their account back and i understand that this can be very exhausting and work intensive for staff.

i'm sure that one of the most common excuses they hear lately is "i wasn't doing anything wrong it was your faulty script. i'm soooo innocent."

the script can't be so bad. othwerwise you won't have tens of thousands of members that aren't affected by it at all.

tracker coders are not stupid. they don't activate a script that is faulty and flags random good users.

cheaters are lying bastards - it's their mentality.

it's sometimes hard to respect and find the innocent amongst 99% who are guilty.

if somebody thinks he was banned for no reasons, go to their irc and explain your case in a friendly and reasonable manner.

if it really was sct's fault and not yours you will get your account back.

just be aware of the fact that 99% of the people claiming the same are just cheating liars.

they are the ones who make good users look implausible and not a script.
    Lets say Polar bear if ur 1 TB buffered acc is banned from SCT without any cheating(as u say flaw in the script)The next day u whine at SCT irc,They misbehave with u and kick u off then will u be posting the same shit here

Okay we know that the script is not fuckin flawless and cheaters will go to irc and will say that they have not cheated,Here all the shit comes
    Before implementing such a big system,SCT shud have thought a 1000 times how to re enable an account if the user was not cheating at all.....

We are not talking abt the script but we are talking abt how retard the SCT staff is.....
    Actually, if you were a staff member or a dev you'd know it was impossible for a well-made cheat script to make mistakes.
    Everybody that gets banned for cheating cheats, and I've never seen proof that this wasn't the case.

The system never guesses. It only bans when it gets 100% proof, so all of these complainers should go back to using public sites.
    Last edited by Hanz™; 01-15-2008 at 12:43 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanz™ View Post

Actually, if you were a staff member or a dev you'd know it was impossible for a well-made cheat script to make mistakes.
    Everybody that gets banned for cheating cheats, and I've never seen proof that this wasn't the case.

The system never guesses. It only bans when it gets 100% proof, so all of these complainers should go back to using public sites.
    You sir, are an idiot.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    fisherman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14

No it's not impossibe for the script to make mistakes unless it's done perfect.

Your right it never guesses, but it does what it's told to do and if it's not 100% correct well then it can make mistakes.

So no the "complainers" as you call them that are innocent should go to IRC and plead their case or PM a community rep on here.
    Our revenge will be the laughter of our children - Bobby Sands

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I don´t think SCT staff is so evil... of course, I talk from my own experience only.
    I had a problem and went to IRC, I was very upset and not nice or humble... of course... kicked off. Nothing to say, was well done.
    I tried few days ago in a serious but nice way, I was listened and treated with absolute correction, my problem solved.
    While I was waiting some other people also asked, and I must say that if I was staff I would act like them or even worst... almost everybody asking in absurd ways... begging, insulting or menacing. The few persons who asked properly were treated with absolute respect, regardless they solved the problem or not.
    I think that when somebody asks in the proper way, maybe they help you or maybe not... depends of the issue, I guess... but I´m sure that they will treat you with respect.

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    People feel they are entitled to something just because they are or were a member there. They forget that it is a private site, and the staff can ban, or keep a ban in place for any reason they see fit. This includes some one who was ban'd wrongly but comes into IRC whining, complaining, and acting like an ass to the staff 'cause they think the world is ending. They are not staying ban'd due to the original (maybe even false) ban, its the attitude that keeps them from recieving help to un-ban. I must say for the most part, staff @ sct has more patients then I would have after a full day of these types of people.

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25

Actually it is not true that everybody that gets banned for cheating cheats. A friend of mine was disabled for cheating. I know he did not cheat. There was something with his seedbox, and the ScT staff heard him out and after further investigation they re-enabled him. But i believe a very big majority that gets caught are guilty. So i agree with Polarbear, that if you are innocent, it's a matter of how you approach the staff on the irc when you plea your case.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast