Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: IRC - Anyone still use it?

I was a bit curious about IRC since that was what I started filesharing many years ago. But forums like this doesn't have an IRC section. I wonder why its not more popular?

Are there any forums similar to filesharingtalk you can recommend where IRC is discussed?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    DyNast's Avatar What's My Age Again? BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    IRC section? you mean an IRC channel or a place where you discuss about IRC (discuss about IRC? o_O what do you have to discuss about)

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    rotem1984's Avatar Sharing Is Caring BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    U can dl via mirc too dynast
    www.packetnews.com

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    tusks's Avatar ¯\(°_o)/¯ BT Rep: +1
    Yeah, I agree it would be nice if we had a list of good channels with lots of bots to download from. For me it would be more valuable than a Kazaa section

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by tusks View Post
    Yeah, I agree it would be nice if we had a list of good channels with lots of bots to download from. For me it would be more valuable than a Kazaa section
    That would be a nice idea in a perfect world, but the reality are long queues and servers not always working.

IRC though is still a very ideal place to leech your mp3s.
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    not true at all

i can dl films at full speed anytime without any queues

you just need to find the right channel
    Open your mind

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    typeoholic's Avatar Poster
    IRC owns. You just have to know where to look is all.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    tusks's Avatar ¯\(°_o)/¯ BT Rep: +1
    Yeah, I have the problem that DefX says all the time when I try to download from the popular channels. It's always waiting in a huge queue or the bot goes offline in the middle of my download :/

That's why we need a list of the less common channels that not everyone knows about

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    ok im stuck what websites do you go to look for channels because packetnews is full of spyware and freezes my computer

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Blackbeard's Avatar <3 rock BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    i would say bittorrents and irc is my life heh, i don't use irc to download off of i use it mainy to chat on.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast