Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: problem with black xp

deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    What was the problem anyway zatoichi?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by deuce6000 View Post
    What was the problem anyway zatoichi?

Ya maybe we could help ? I'v installed in over 5 computers personally with no problem and have given another 5 or 6 to friends , yet to hear any grief .

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    For those who've Dled & installed Xp Black v 7.2 Platinum, how did you burn it to dvd? It extracts as a 3.95 .isz file! Nothing I have will burn it to Dvd. Tried Nero ,Imgburn. Any help is appreciated.
    Thanx

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by tjazz View Post
    For those who've Dled & installed Xp Black v 7.2 Platinum, how did you burn it to dvd? It extracts as a 3.95 .isz file! Nothing I have will burn it to Dvd. Tried Nero ,Imgburn. Any help is appreciated.
    Thanx

I know UltraIso supports ISZ not sure about the others , so try that program and burn at a really slow speed say 4 or 8 .

Free trial : http://www.ezbsystems.com/ultraiso/download.htm

Most of the black have a serial for UltraIso so you'll kill two birds with one stone .
    Last edited by peat moss; 01-19-2008 at 03:36 AM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkBarMan View Post
    The copy that was posted on here(in the .nzb section) seems to be infected with a trojan. Anyone else see this as well?

Don't install 7.0 as it has trojans from Wrestlezone this one is fine 7.2 , its probably your anti virus give a fake warning because of the key generators . Look who uploaded it , Detale . If not sure scan the ISO with a better program like KAV or NOD32 .

If you program flags something as suspicious try an online scanner .

Upload the file and scan here :

http://virusscan.jotti.org/
    True I am a bit of a Black XP junkie

The version I posted was fine I scaned it with Nod, avast and AVG with nothing evil inside.

They are up to v8.0 now apparently coming out with a newer version every week.

There has been a split in the crew maintaining Black XP
    So I believe there will be even more versions coming out in the coming weeks, competing with each other. Also prob means LOADS more 5hit talking between the two factions screaming VIRUS RUN!!!

I am using 7.5 and have no prob with it at all. and as far as v8 goes I am quoting one of the developers of it from the Black XP forum

While disecting Black XP v8... Low and behold, it is a modified version of Last XP.

Also, v8 is not a step up from v7.5, it is a step back to v7.0 with some visual mods.

I have made the following changes and will release it to the pirate bay on Friday:

I've included 3 NEW DVD covers!

Modified Install Background So That Install Dialogue Can Be Seen More Easily!

Put Uniblue & Nero Ultra 8 Back Into The Install!

Changed the Default Theme To VistaVG Ultimate!

Changed The OEM Info!

Works better than the origional!
    M.O.D.
    This guy still recommends 7.5 over 8 in a later post when someone asks him which is the best version

There are too many versions of black XP.
    Whats the ideal Black xp to use for speed and good looking visuals that don't eat up cpu or ram.
    7.5?
    Yes, I would go with v7.5
    Last edited by Detale; 01-19-2008 at 07:00 AM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Well this is interesting :

General Information
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Type.................: Application
    Platform.............: Windows Black XP
    More Info............: http://bxpproject.com/
    Burn Tested..........: Yes

Post Information
    Posted by............: WarezDemon (http://bxpproject.com/)
    Posted on............: 1/11/2008
    NO longer at old forum but person using space Claims to be us.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Well it's my understanding from a Mod there who is also a member here there was a split in the team and Kirk/Warezdemon/gamerman went to the bxp project and "the Boss" stayed at the gizabitspace (old) forum, so who's to know whats to come now. Surely lots of namecalling

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Thanx,
    Peat Moss for the info! And the link.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Well there is some Namecalling going on BY Kirk but the other guy Jordi aka The Boss seems to be taking the high road on the original Black XP forum but they are no longer supporting the Black Version instead they have done a Vision XP pro version as described in my other thread about Vision

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    dtv2020
    I had it seems a similar problem. Reinstalled several times but it got stuck in the updating screen for overnite. What it turned out to be was after the install they defaulted to a updating wallpaper. Go to control panel and change the wallpaper. It then worked fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12