Thread: Queue ends prematurely

knight76's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    When I set up a queue to download. Say, a bunch of Rar's about 5gb total. Normally I can leave it downloading until it finishes.

But recently I leave the queue and come back to find nothing downloading and all of the queue gone from Newsleecher. When I run the pars only a few of the files downloaded 100%, and the rest don't.

My server is Usenetserver. I've heard they have gone downhill quite a bit over the last 6 months.

Could this be usenetserver doing this or newsleecher? I have re-installed newsleecher to no effect.

Any advice?
    My Giveaway's

TheDVDClub account - messi_19

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Well if the files are older then 100 days it will not download. I've seen usenetserver have problems on 80+ days. :-/

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    hmm, I never thought of that.

Retention should be 100+ days according to the usenetserver site. Or atleast it used to be.

These files are 90 days old or so. I will try a newer file.

Any other suggestions?
    My Giveaway's

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I'm 99% certain that the files are incomplete (which means newsleecher will download them really fast, make the letters of the file name all caps (to warn you it's incomplete), and leave files that are fractions of the size they should be.
    If you watch the queue you will see the item being downloaded light up red, and the parts go from say 5/5 to 4/5, 3/5, etc.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    I think it was the age of the posts.

I have downloaded a few 5 gig groups since then with no issue. These were all 80 days old. I think usenetserver may be being a little liberal with the 100+ retention claim.
    My Giveaway's