Thread: usenetserver high speed plus ~ ???

When I was grabbing a 3 day account at UNS and I saw they have a new plan on the signup form that you can choose... it's called "monthly high speed plus" for $17.95/month, anybody heard anything about this?[

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Monthly High Speed Plus - $17.95 *
    1 month of of high-speed usenet with 20 connections and unlimited downloads for $17.95

3-month High Speed - $39.95 *
    3 months of high-speed usenet with 10 connections and unlimited downloads for $39.95.

Monthly High Speed - $14.95 *
    1 month of high-speed usenet with 10 connections and unlimited downloads for $14.95.

The last one is the best deal

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by asmithz View Post
    1 month of of high-speed usenet with 20 connections and unlimited downloads for $17.95

3 months of high-speed usenet with 10 connections and unlimited downloads for $39.95.

1 month of high-speed usenet with 10 connections and unlimited downloads for $14.95.

Surely the 3 month High Speed is the "best" deal? Cheapest price for 10 connections, which should be more than enough to max out most home lines.

Aside: search the forums for usenetserver, definitely mixed reviews about their service..

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeBaller View Post

Surely the 3 month High Speed is the "best" deal? Cheapest price for 10 connections, which should be more than enough to max out most home lines.

Aside: search the forums for usenetserver, definitely mixed reviews about their service..

Yea but $14.95 * 3 is only $44.85 it's barley a $5 difference and you don't have to pay $39.95 up front. I think the service is great. Been using them for a year now. All Usenet providers have there hiccups now and then, besides Giganews, trust me I've tried them all. Usenetserver is very fast, reliable and are always quick to handle a problem. And hey for $14.95 how can you complain about their service.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Have you tried the service?

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeBaller View Post

Yea but $14.95 * 3 is only $44.85 it's barley a $5 difference and you don't have to pay $39.95 up front. I think the service is great. Been using them for a year now. All Usenet providers have there hiccups now and then, besides Giganews, trust me I've tried them all. Usenetserver is very fast, reliable and are always quick to handle a problem. And hey for $14.95 how can you complain about their service.
    You don't have to pay $40 up front, but you will pay $45 eventually. If you've had your service for a year, you've wasted $20, over a month of service.

I would say that the last option is a better choice for short-term users, but a stupid choice for long-term users.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    What about splitting the connections with a friend (10 each for $9). Do they allow this (or do they check IPs)?

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    I could be very wrong but I think you can only DL from 1 location at a time

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    knight76's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Ive shared my account with a friend with no issues. You just have to split the connections so your not both trying to connect 10 connections.
    Last edited by knight76; 01-25-2008 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    My Giveaway's

TheDVDClub account - messi_19

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    newshosting allows multiple IPs