Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: What I Hate About Music.

Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Originally posted by Hogster@30 July 2003 - 15:55
    dmorgan89 I ahev study Music and have 2 degrees at uni with it I shoudl knwo what i'm talking about. I hope you don't think those bands you mentioned are metal??? read my list I did early about whats a REAL metal band. and 2nd Gen Noob can give a lsit about whos a REAL rapper
    And Cely knows more than both of you put together so shudup

2. Music   -   #82
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    I get pissed off at people who say people should listen to alot of different categories of music and they aren't true music fans if they only like one style. I say you should find a style you like and stick with it. Sure you can explore different music but your favorite style is still your favorite.

3. Music   -   #83
    I get pissed off at people who say people should listen to alot of different categories of music and they aren't true music fans if they only like one style. I say you should find a style you like and stick with it. Sure you can explore different music but your favorite style is still your favorite.
    are you talking about those people who listen to country, rap, and pop. Just anything thats popular pretty much. Yes true music fans have a favorite type of music they like.

4. Music   -   #84
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Guys... I've deleted/edited several posts in this thread. I don't want to have to close it, as long as you can all be mature and DISCUSS. There's nothing wrong with having differing opinions, and just because you don't agree, it does NOT mean you can have at each other. If you can debate this with a little more class and a little less name calling, I'll leave the topic be.

5. Music   -   #85
    Originally posted by Arm@30 July 2003 - 06:35
    How boring only listening to one genre

6. Music   -   #86
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Originally posted by NikkiD@30 July 2003 - 23:13
    Guys... I've deleted/edited several posts in this thread. I don't want to have to close it, as long as you can all be mature and DISCUSS. There's nothing wrong with having differing opinions, and just because you don't agree, it does NOT mean you can have at each other. If you can debate this with a little more class and a little less name calling, I'll leave the topic be.
    Loves Nikkid...thinks she is the best moderator ever

Hopefully none of them where my posts...considering how many posts i've done i lost track when and where i posted ...my bad

7. Music   -   #87
    Originally posted by dmorgan89@30 July 2003 - 08:31
    are you talking about those people who listen to country, rap, and pop. Just anything thats popular pretty much. Yes true music fans have a favorite type of music they like.
    It's true that most people probably have a favourite genre, but true music fans enjoy a wide enough variety of music that they have something they can listen to and enjoy no matter what mood they are in.

all this talk about genre's is idiotic. who care's if a band or artist is pop/rock/metal/nu-metal/hip-hop/folk-rock/country etc.

WHY DO PEOPLE CARE SO MUCH ABOUT WHAT OTHER PEOPLE ARE LISTENING TO?, and automatically dismiss some kinds of music as being crap. sure, we all have bands that we hate, and styles of music we may not like, but is it really neccessary to resort to the kind of flaming we've seen in this thread.

The worst band in the world will have fans that genuinely think they are the best band in the world, and you just gotta deal with that, let them make their own mistakes. they'll come around eventually, and if they don't.....well......who give a flying fuc.....

8. Music   -   #88
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    There is no such thing as good or bad music. Just a persons taste in music.

9. Music   -   #89
    thankyou nikkid.

10. Music   -   #90
    Originally posted by Arm@28 July 2003 - 16:17
    Post things music related that annoy you. Don't say like "I hate rap" because that is just a personal taste.

You know what I hate?

Remixes. They take a good song and make it sound crappy. Now taking a crappy song and making it sound good there is nothing wrong with that but that's never the case.

Not being able to understand the lyrics. You cant fully understand the words the singer are saying. You can only understand a part of it. This can be fixed by looking up the lyrics and reading them while listening to the song. But I would like to understand what the singer is saying without having to look up it's lyrics.

Shitty quality recordings. Except for St. Anger, the problem of bad production quality usually comes only with basement recordings. Like the stuff you hear on mp3.com. You can have a potentially great song not lived up to it's greatest potential because of bad recording quality. Cost is usually the reason for this but you can always record the music onto your computer using a pirated copy of Nuendo. That is if you know how to use the software.

That stupid growling in Gothic Metal. The female vocals in gothic metal I usually love but when it comes to the male growls I hate it. It's annoying and I cant understand what he is trying to say anyway. Get rid of the damn growls. Either have all female vocals (no female growling) or have the male singer sing normally

People not knowing what style of music a band is. People calling bands rock when they are not rock. An example would be Linkin Park. I hear people call Linkin Park a rock band all the time. Get your facts straight morons. Nu-metal is not rock.

Anything piss off you?
    Don't be a hyprocrite (sp?) growling NEVER occurs in gothic metal. Slipknot is not metal either. Visit http://www.n3kr0metal.tk/ for true metal sub genres. High pitched like screams are gothic metal. So don't get mad at people that don't know styles if you yourself do not know them.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast