Thread: Wide Screen Moniters

*Grunt*
    Ive noticed lately that after the release of that Apple mac G4 notebook with a widescreen 17" flat pannel, there has been a slight development in the flatscreen market. They now come in widescreen, but is just another gimic or in a few years once the prices of LCD's have dropped and around 95% of people have them, will widescreens be marketed largely and will we be forced to renew another obsolete product and face what has happed with TV's that have went from 4:3 to 16:9.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I had the opportunity to test it.. Is not a big thing.. I mean, it's cool, but just another monitor.. I'm starting to think that it will bring some problems regarding to normal resolutions...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    *Grunt*
    Yep especialy for games that dont support widscreen reselutions yet, however it does bring advantages to movies

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Yes, widescreen is our natural field of vision and is more efficient to use than traditional 4:3 TVs. The advantage of LCD as well is that emits less radiation and therefore you can spend more time at your PC without straining your eyes.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I'll stick with my 21" Viewsonic - it's an incredible monitor.

As for Widescreens - My 55" widescreen HD Television if all I need. Now that's how to watch a movie!

Really, when the games and other software begins to be designed with the Widscreen in mind, I will be much more interested in making the change.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    *Grunt*
    About your 55" hdtv, you should have considerd getting a projecter and a white board instead its much more cost affective and you get more inches for £'s.