Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Torchwood

Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    Then there's the real Torchwood House in Scotland

http://www.visittorchwood.co.uk/

Torchwood House is one of Scotland's most interesting properties, with some sections dating back to the fifteenth century. The House was extensively rebuilt in the late 1600s, with further work then completed in the early nineteenth century.

Although it was a house built to impress, much of it fell into disrepair during the time of Sir George MacLeish in the 1800s. An eccentric man, Sir George was fascinated by both the sciences and local folklore. He was good friends with the Queen Victoria's husband Prince Albert. Many a servant was kept awake waiting on Sir George and the Prince as they whiled away nights discussing the mysteries of the heavens!

2. Lounge   -   #22
    See how that fits in with the storyline.

Well do you.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Fuck sake it's even got an observatory

It was Sir George who built the famous Torchwood Observatory. A magnificent and beautiful piece of workmanship, the original is now in private hands, but a fully-functioning replica stands in its place today.

The House has a number of unique features. Its name comes from the wood used in the construction of the Great Staircase. Local legend said it was made from a gallows struck down by lightning (the Torched Wood), but recent studies have shown it to be Amyris Elemifera, which grows as a large tree in tropical areas such as Florida. Its oils are said to have excellent medicinal qualities. It is believed that one of Sir George's eccentricities was to have a number of the trees shipped over to Scotland, using their wood to rebuild the staircase.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Oh my God the mistletoe bit and Victoria staying there and he died that night

Visitors are often struck by the unusual air of the library - curiously, Sir George had the walls and doors varnished with viscum album - oil of mistletoe.

When Sir Robert MacLeish died in 1879 the male line was extinguished, and his widow ordered the house shut up. It was subsequently purchased by The Crown, perhaps in remembrance of the close bond between the MacLeishes and Queen Victoria's beloved husband Prince Albert.

The Queen visited Torchwood herself once, and her bedroom can still be seen. It cannot have been a happy visit, however. Tragically, Sir Robert died during her stay.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    It's spooky as fuck like.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Brilliant.

Plus all royals are gheys.

It all fits.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrajag View Post
    Barrowman is as Gay as a biscuit.

Spike out of Buffy isn't tho'.

He just did it for an acting job.
    I figured he was teh gay.

What gayity did Spike from Buffy play in loike? Did he play gayicity constantly loike Barrowman or was it a once-loike role loike?

I also wonder if the maker of teh show is gay cuz why would he/she throw that in there?

The only character I can think of that actually adds a dynamic to himself by being gay is Omar from The Wire.

He's stuff, fears no one, steals from and kills drug dealers but is gayer than a Toyota Prius. I've cringed every time they put him mouth kissing a dude too.

The time travel ep in TW was irritating cuz that was what the whole episode was about.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70

So the show sounds pretty overall to sum up.
    Now go away.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrajag View Post
    Barrowman is as Gay as a biscuit.

Spike out of Buffy isn't tho'.

He just did it for an acting job.
    I figured he was teh gay.

What gayity did Spike from Buffy play in loike? Did he play gayicity constantly loike Barrowman or was it a once-loike role loike?

I also wonder if the maker of teh show is gay cuz why would he/she throw that in there?

The only character I can think of that actually adds a dynamic to himself by being gay is Omar from The Wire.

He's stuff, fears no one, steals from and kills drug dealers but is gayer than a Toyota Prius. I've cringed every time they put him mouth kissing a dude too.

The time travel ep in TW was irritating cuz that was what the whole episode was about.
    I have absolutely no idea what you just tried to say but thanks for the input.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post

So the show sounds pretty overall to sum up.
    Hmmm I found out that:

The creator, Russell T Davies, also made Queer As Folk and a gay mini-series, Bob and Rose.

Oh and Russell is gay himself.

I am not surprised.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast