Thread: Adobe Story

Adobe ups war on piracy

Adobe is experimenting with copyright-protection technologies in Australia, reports ExtremeTech. Claiming that Adobe has added digital-rights management technology to boxed retail copies of Photoshop 7 in the country, the report says: "Adobe has sourced the DRM from Macrovision."

Adobe director of anti-piracy operations Drew McManus said: "Photoshop 7 in Australia has had activation for several months at this point. We want to gauge customer reaction and business rules, and just make sure we've though of all the things we can think of. What we want to do is prevent the most pervasive forms of piracy. But everything need to be considered in light of the honest customer first."

Users need to activate their software, either over the Internet or over the phone. Adobe has published information about the technology, which lets users install the software on two different machines. ExtremeTech has a full explanation of how the system works.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    i'm sorry, but i don't see why this is a "must read" thread

i mean, microsoft have been doing this for a while. there'll be cracks/workarounds for this software soon anyway...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    That&#39;s true...I just thought I would mention it and prepare everyone for that. That&#39;s all