Thread: new laptop needed

ok as the thitle says it i want a new laptop the things i want for this laptop is just for straight dvd internet and avi divx... viewing ect also encoding movies so i can burn them any suggestions????

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Try perusing ebay. What is your budget? Perhaps you are a starving student like myself. Newegg has some pretty nice laptops. This is an Everex XT5300T. I purchased the model before this and it was pretty good for what you were talking about. 17" Screen, 1GB Ram (I upgraded to 2GB), 120GB HD (WITH 2 DRIVE BAYS!!!!), Dual Layer DVD Burner, AMD Athlon 64 X2(1.7GHZ) . It was a great system, too bad I sent mine to Nigeria :[.... Don't ask, it was months ago and I had never used pay pal before...

If you are REALLY cheap like me, then get this HP 530 . Not the greatest system, but pretty good for that price. HP makes some pretty solid laptops. 1.6 GHZ Celeron, 512MB Ram (Please Buy a stick of 1GB or 2GB ram), DVD-Rom, 80GB Drive....
    Last edited by orcutt989; 01-19-2008 at 08:58 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I would go with the HP Pavilion dv6707us 15.4" Widescreen Laptop. Below are some of thee features.

• AMD Athlon 64 X2 TK-57
    • 160GB hard drive
    • Built-in wireless 802.11bg

• 2GB of DDR2 memory
    • Burns DVDs and CDs
    • Built-in webcam
    • NVIDIA 7150M GS graphics and 799MB of shared video memory
    • Media card reader
    • Built-in camera/mic
    • ExpressCard/54 slot

And the killer thing is it's only $579.99 right now at BestBuy

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/HP-Pa...oductDetail.do

All Killer reviews. I have the model 1 step down from this one and I love it. It will do everything you want and more...

A wise man gives advice, but a wiser man learns from it and uses it. Smart people learn from others mistakes. The blessing is on the other side of your tribulation.