Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: great expectation??

krunktastic's Avatar Krunk User+ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    TBH, very few people get what they want because a few people can mess it up for everyone. From what I've discovered, most everyone out here is "retired from trading", and "doesn't cheat," which usually is not the case.

Likewise, some people DO get what they want. Personally, I enjoy people who don't just create lame requests and actually post reasons for why they want that special tracker. Really, people SHOULD be nicer around here. It seems like everyone is out for themself.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Debate is overrated BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Not everyone.
    I think people stop trading and begin to give away after they get their share of the cake.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    No people stop trading and start giveawaying once they realise its cool to do giveaways, and it means you can make requests etc.

Someone invite me to fsc please

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    jonny81985's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    The most important thing to remember is that if you help out, remain productive, make friends, and earn a good reputation around here you shouldnt have a problem getting invites.

If your only goal of being here is to get invites and not care about the community at all then your not gonna succeed. This place is great and has a lot of great people so take advantage of that. Get to know everyone, have fun, stick around and before you know it invites will be the last thing on your mind.

I for one look forward to coming on here and talking to people ive met, helping people out, and meeting new people. The invites are a nice perk but not the best part of FST

Hope this helps

Jon

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    you know what ?
    as long as you are not trading and friendly and help people out .
    you can get whatever you want

For Serving Community

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    to be fair on you, don't put your expectations too high.
    Yes, you will get (eventually) invited to many nice trackers, but on this forum there are 3 or 4 sites that most users consider their Mecca, and when someone gives away such an invite, you get 40 or plus more people pleading for it.
    So please don't become one of those people that carry in their signatures FTN SCT FTWR etc etc. You can live very well without such trackers, provided u access a couple of others along the way.

once i used to want get into FTN because all this fuzz made me curious. A friend borrowed me his account, and i was really disappointed in some ways. Especially when i compared it to TL. So i gave up asking in each offer for it, maybe one day i feel like it, and someone will give it to me, though it's not my top priority.

just keep in mind that you won't necessarily get all that you want once you have access to the invites section. But many nice "middle level trackers" (whatever that means) are often offered there, and that is the best part of it.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    Yea i would have to say sometimes the hype really lets you down. For example i got a site which was heavily hyped from here from a friend, and the site was supposed to be all about community. Well what a let down, after a few day of reading the boring threads (what size shoes you wear etc) and barely any interesting posts, and a dull irc which was quiet for large periods, and when there was talk it was with friends i knew from other sites mainly, i gave up on the site. So in short, don't go joining a torrent site for community, because you will be severely disappointed at times, or worse, will force yourself to think that because this site was rare, its a more interesting community. Just join a site to download, and you will, like most one day will get bored, and browse the forums, and fall in love with it.

Someone invite me to fsc please

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    prasadah's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    to be fair on you, don't put your expectations too high.
    Yes, you will get (eventually) invited to many nice trackers, but on this forum there are 3 or 4 sites that most users consider their Mecca, and when someone gives away such an invite, you get 40 or plus more people pleading for it.
    So please don't become one of those people that carry in their signatures FTN SCT FTWR etc etc. You can live very well without such trackers, provided u access a couple of others along the way.

once i used to want get into FTN because all this fuzz made me curious. A friend borrowed me his account, and i was really disappointed in some ways. Especially when i compared it to TL. So i gave up asking in each offer for it, maybe one day i feel like it, and someone will give it to me, though it's not my top priority.

just keep in mind that you won't necessarily get all that you want once you have access to the invites section. But many nice "middle level trackers" (whatever that means) are often offered there, and that is the best part of it.
    you are right
    Even i felt like that once i got into revTT
    I'm Head Strong. MIND IT!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12