Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: the time has come

they won't let you seed/download. The client is banned they don't allow any traffic from it.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    whitmar's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    I upgraded early this morning and it was totally painless. It even restarted itself immediately with no settings changes. I haven't noticed any difference in appearance or operation.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    garherd's Avatar U CaN SavE HeR BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by whitmar View Post
    I upgraded early this morning and it was totally painless. It even restarted itself immediately with no settings changes. I haven't noticed any difference in appearance or operation.

This version seems to use more system resources than the previous one.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyy View Post
    Big loss for me If was to change over to azueres could anyone recommend a good version or would the latest version do the job? has there been any problems similar to utorrent with azureres leaveing certain people not wanting to upgrade that client either?
    why dont u do us a favor and leave torrent forever lol, this your little sad story sound exactly that...

i dont see why some of u see any reasone for that...u think that 161 is more secure than 176??

if u think that then its your big mistake

example why would i play xbox when i can play x360 its much better and got many more features than old one and this is same with utorrent...probably u will not use much longer 176 becuase new 1.8 version will be out soon so wft??

also u dont need to much just replace exe if u useing stable version..and all your torrent file will be fine..

i have also use before some time 161 but new version is better and more secure than others

I only know from what people write and have just gone from that i would have no idea how to test it for myself how secure whatever version of what is so this is what i follow i have always thought 1.6.1 is more secure every little step i can take to prevent big bother i will take so for me it would be a big loss if your saying that newer versions are more secure and are stable and many people can confirm it i will go by that otherwise i have no other option than to change client it's not a sob story just my lack of experiance and skill showing.
    Last edited by sleepyy; 01-18-2008 at 10:18 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    BamZow's Avatar Pure Swedish power BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    A few minutes ago I made the update. It went without problem and it took just a few seconds.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I change too old version.
    HT

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kyrcer View Post
    I change too old version.
    to the old banned versions?
    well i always had a weird time out problem with 1.7.x versions i didnt have with 1.6.1.. some people have the problem others dont.. dunno why
    lets hope 1.7.6 runs as 1.6.1.. but i dont think it will..

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    1.7.6>1.6.1 as simple as that. By not updating all you are doing is using older buggier clients.

Someone invite me to fsc please

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by pandabear View Post
    1.7.6>1.6.1 as simple as that. By not updating all you are doing is using older buggier clients.

OK, try sending a 10,000 byte version string in the extended messaging to something like uT 1.7.2. Click the peers tab, wait 10 seconds, and watch uT be replaced by a crash report box.

Now try sending the same 10,000 byte string to 1.6.1 and watch it happily carry on running.

Newest is not always best.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by Giveaway View Post
    what happens if i use 1.61 on SCT?
    ban like waffles gave me

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast