Thread: Guitar Hero II & III

WHiKWiRE's Avatar MooPhEuS

Smile

I am wondering if anyone had any tips or suggestions so I could get better at it. In regards to fingering, stance whatever. Just some tips to improve my skills. Also I'm currently playing on Medium getting high 90%'s. My question should I keep practicing Medium difficulty or move up to Hard and challenge myself a little bit more.

Thanks

2. Games   -   #2
    Practice Practice Practice!
    (The practice feature helps tremendously on a specific song, allowing you to slow it down and practice individual sections)

High 90's on medium should definitely move up to hard. Give it a shot, if you can't handle the oranges, go back down to medium till you're ready.

Most of all - Enjoy it!

3. Games   -   #3
    Bucktoof's Avatar Byaaah! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Practice, just like the above poster said. But in all honesty, you should pick up a real instrument if you're gonna practice a lot

They have modes where they slow down the sections for you, that would help.

And move up from medium
    http://4t.myminicity.com/ind - build industry!
    http://4t.myminicity.com/tra - build transportation
    http://4t.myminicity.com/sec - build security

4. Games   -   #4
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Practice the hard medium songs using by having your index finger on the red button. Then just use three fingers. This will help you adjust to having to shift up and down to hit that orange button.
    See ya in another life, brother.

5. Games   -   #5
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanka113 View Post
    Practice the hard medium songs using by having your index finger on the red button. Then just use three fingers. This will help you adjust to having to shift up and down to hit that orange button.
    best tip for you

6. Games   -   #6
    AmpeD's Avatar the o'lol factor BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    seriously? you have to ask if you can advance to the next level in a video game?

7. Games   -   #7
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Start out on easy, and get gold stars on all of the songs. Although Guitar Hero has nothing to do with musical ability, rhythm does come into play. Practicing the easy songs and mastering them will hone your rhythm ability, also you will memorize all the parts of the songs. Once you are done with Easy, move up to Medium... Rinse, wash, and repeat.

8. Games   -   #8
    mamacita's Avatar Tarding is bad!! BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Learn your hammer-ons and pull-offs well too
    Kindness goes a long way!

9. Games   -   #9
    Use both up and down on the strums to get more notes in. I see a lot of people just strumming down but you need to learn to do both once you get into the harder difficulties. Also you want to hold the neck just like you'd hold a real guitar. Don't grab it, you want to basically hover your entire hand around it and only use your thumb on the back middle of the neck as a support.