Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Cheap Soundcard

am in the market for a half decent soundcard and also speakers,can any of you lot point me in the right direction? am currently using the avance ac97 built into motherboard

p4 2.0g
    xp

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    I would get any kind of soundblaster by creative....Sound cards down at the bottom right you can change pages..it gets more exspensive the further u go..the Live 5.1 is a good card! only 30 bucks...Speaker I started this one on page 2 cuz page 1 just sux....I would suggest Altec Lansing or Logitech
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Ex-member
    The SB Live! 5.1 card is very good as a budget card, if you're willing to go a little further then go for a SB Audigy 2.

Creative also do a range of Speakers called 'Inspire', they come in 4.1, 5.1 and 6.1 variants and are very good for the price.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Check this one HERE$30.00 And 5.1 Speaker Output

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by basics@26 July 2003 - 06:48
    am in the market for a half decent soundcard and also speakers,can any of you lot point me in the right direction? am currently using the avance ac97 built into motherboard

p4 2.0g
    xp
    Hey dude, your ac97 is already 5.1 surround sound! I have the same sound card and it is excellent! Do what I did, invest into some high quality speakers. I was quite impressed for an on-board sound card (Gigabyte MoBo), to sound so good.

This is how you setup your card for surround sound...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Ex-member
    AC '97 sound systems are a big drain on CPU resources if you play games... there's a big performance difference when you get a dedicated sound card.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    *Grunt*
    If you are lookig for speakers the inspire are good, but the mega works one are better and more powerfull.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    cheers that means i can get some better speakers for the moment and look at saving for a better soundcard!

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Lamsey@26 July 2003 - 18:43
    The SB Live! 5.1 card is very good as a budget card, if you're willing to go a little further then go for a SB Audigy 2.

Creative also do a range of Speakers called 'Inspire', they come in 4.1, 5.1 and 6.1 variants and are very good for the price.
    Creative Sound blaster Audigy platinium is the best "quality-price ratio "(I don't know if you can say that in english ).It's very efficient to compose music and to watch div-x.The sound quality is so good that you really have the impression to be on a cinema, you get scared for nothing when you hear a noise.I nearly got a heart attack when I saw resident evil for example.

In france the price was around 240 € 6 months ago.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Check out the Santa Cruz Turtle Beach, I just got it recently (around 50&#036 and have been enjoying extremly good sound quality. Best works with winXP and has some driver problems with older OS's.

(try something other then SB's, just an idea.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast