Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: getting caught...

lostdemon's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Hey I just noticed you changed your avatar Grimms. I like it
    But um Elmer never got the rabbit. A nice big carrot sure will though.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    To the original poster. Are you in Ireland? How are the laws there? I don't think US laws can touch you there just like that. If you live in the states I guess you could be screwed if you are not careful.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by $we View Post

It is not well said. It's bullshit. His definition of democracy couldn't be more wrong; His comparison between a minority of people changing the just copyright laws and "us" usurping our leaders is false and melodramatic. Honestly, how could you have read his post and NOT feel revolted, but instead felt the opposite?
    This is me utterly confused.
    True Democracy is for all majority and minorities of this country. Unfortunately the way the country is being run now are quite different from what Democracy really means to us all in the states and stand for. Freedom of choice, will, and speech. Also the right to vote, own property among other things that were fought for over 2000 plus years here.

Now of days these things (democracy) are being bought and sold behind closed doors from lobbyists's and conformists and things are being dictated to us through media outlets (owned by big corporations like newscorp). Corporations run everything, because of their deep pockets and buy their rights by funding state politicians, senators, governors, potential candidates running for president. Would you like me to go on?
    True democracy is when you, the people, decide if you want to keep the Mark, Franc or other European currency, or whether you, as a collective, want to migrate to the Euro.

Too many times our rights to decide, as nations, are decide by just a few. Very few referendums are actually held, and I don't remember ever seeing one in my native country.

In the UK, minorities often get favouritism by the councils elected to govern us. Recently, Christian festivals have been banned because they might offend a minority, whereas minority festivals are encouraged. Whatever happened to equality.

Even in my own workplace, a guy has been allowed to threaten six other people, including myself, yet he is protected, because he is classed as a minority.

In a truly democratic society, your skin colour, wealth, religion, sex, age or any other defining attribute, should have no effect on how you are treated by the councils and government, yet we see bias all the time.

In this world, the rich and the poor are greatly divided. The rich own 80% of the world, while the poor own the other 20% (average figures). That is some margin.

Also, changing laws is a preserve of the rich. If we, and mere members of the public, wanted to change a law, we would probably get nowhere, yet if the senior executive officer wants to change a law, a few donations here and there (figures we can only dream about) often allow a change to be implemented.

Capitalism relies heavily on a consumer base being just above the breadline. If the poorest class suddenly became a little richer, it would destabilize the whole pyramid (consumerism is actually pyramid selling, with each level adding a little profit to the consumable). Inflation helps to keep things in balance.

Ever wonder why the UK, and other countries, encourage immigration? The bigger the consumer base, the more money. But also, the more people available to work, the less the bosses need to pay in wages (supply outstrips demand for labour, meaning the bosses can pay less).

I could go on, but this post would end up becoming a lecture...

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    im surprised some stupid dumbass hasn't replied to this yet by saying "don't download". always happens with these threads

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    madbeer's Avatar brewed locally BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by koolyt View Post
    im surprised some stupid dumbass hasn't replied to this yet by saying "don't download". always happens with these threads
    Quote Originally Posted by madbeer View Post
    What precautions can be taken?

One could:

not bt at all

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by lostdemon View Post
    Hey I just noticed you changed your avatar Grimms. I like it
    But um Elmer never got the rabbit. A nice big carrot sure will though.

I know but he is the closest thing i could think of that hunted down the rabbit. Unfortunately he was unsuccessful. I loved the pic though and decided to run with it. Thank you for noticing though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post

True Democracy is for all majority and minorities of this country. Unfortunately the way the country is being run now are quite different from what Democracy really means to us all in the states and stand for. Freedom of choice, will, and speech. Also the right to vote, own property among other things that were fought for over 2000 plus years here.

Now of days these things (democracy) are being bought and sold behind closed doors from lobbyists's and conformists and things are being dictated to us through media outlets (owned by big corporations like newscorp). Corporations run everything, because of their deep pockets and buy their rights by funding state politicians, senators, governors, potential candidates running for president. Would you like me to go on?
    True democracy is when you, the people, decide if you want to keep the Mark, Franc or other European currency, or whether you, as a collective, want to migrate to the Euro.

Too many times our rights to decide, as nations, are decide by just a few. Very few referendums are actually held, and I don't remember ever seeing one in my native country.

In the UK, minorities often get favouritism by the councils elected to govern us. Recently, Christian festivals have been banned because they might offend a minority, whereas minority festivals are encouraged. Whatever happened to equality.

Even in my own workplace, a guy has been allowed to threaten six other people, including myself, yet he is protected, because he is classed as a minority.

In a truly democratic society, your skin colour, wealth, religion, sex, age or any other defining attribute, should have no effect on how you are treated by the councils and government, yet we see bias all the time.

In this world, the rich and the poor are greatly divided. The rich own 80% of the world, while the poor own the other 20% (average figures). That is some margin.

Also, changing laws is a preserve of the rich. If we, and mere members of the public, wanted to change a law, we would probably get nowhere, yet if the senior executive officer wants to change a law, a few donations here and there (figures we can only dream about) often allow a change to be implemented.

Capitalism relies heavily on a consumer base being just above the breadline. If the poorest class suddenly became a little richer, it would destabilize the whole pyramid (consumerism is actually pyramid selling, with each level adding a little profit to the consumable). Inflation helps to keep things in balance.

Ever wonder why the UK, and other countries, encourage immigration? The bigger the consumer base, the more money. But also, the more people available to work, the less the bosses need to pay in wages (supply outstrips demand for labour, meaning the bosses can pay less).

I could go on, but this post would end up becoming a lecture...
    Definitely agree and that was what i was trying to get at. Every party having free rights (equality) But equality has been subsided due to the great divide from the rich and poor class like you stated. Middle class people had to bare the burden for poor folks like myself for too long so now their really isn't a middle class anymore (well the lines are blurry at best). I don't know. I could go on, but don't want to offend anybody. Hope i didn't already. These subjects are really touchy to talk about and everyone is going to have their own opinion (and have a right to have one). Lets just say things are getting harder for everyone, even those with lesser power (who are in power).
    Last edited by grimms; 01-20-2008 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    If you want to sleep well at night PG man always PG

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Does anybody on here use ipfilter.dat from bluetrack created within blocklist manager? Also experiences with this? Would love comments and opinions for my own sake..

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234