Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: getting caught...

madbeer's Avatar brewed locally BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxx View Post
    ...encryption is useless unless it's forced end to end ...
    right which isnt hard to enforce within your client (the locks denote encrypted communication):

From what I understand, Tor is risky...hackers will eat you alive if your not on your toes.
    care to elaborate here?
    Last edited by madbeer; 01-18-2008 at 11:40 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Don't DL HBO that's what gets you. One of my friends is a hardcore BT user and has never gotten anything against him. He DLs one HBO episode and BAM he gets 7 letters sent to his house. Then he keeps DLing other stuff for about 6 months. And then DLs one HBO episode and his ISP blocks him. (he hated the ISP anyway, got a new one in 3 days).

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    staying on private trackers is your safest bet.. i don't know about ireland, but i had the impression U.S. citizens were the ones being targeted. In canada, where I'm from, noone gets notices atm, at least to my knowledge

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Long John Silver
    Using PG helps some...encryption is useless unless it's forced end to end or ssl. From what I understand, Tor is risky...hackers will eat you alive if your not on your toes. Best advice..try to stick to the private trackers, the smaller the better.
    Really the best advice atm!

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Actatoi's Avatar 2+2 is 5 if I say so BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by madbeer View Post

From what I understand, Tor is risky...hackers will eat you alive if your not on your toes.
    care to elaborate here?
    If I set up an end point in TOR I can with for example a sniff program get hold of your password/username/site etc when you login to it. But I don't think anyone doing this seriously is looking for bt tracker logins. But just don't login at anything with precious money involved.
    What an ordinary day, the extraordinary way.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Living Dead BT Rep: +2
    About the PeerGuardian... the lists are usually out-of-date. It's better to use ProtoWall's lists (or just ProtoWall).
    Lists can be found HERE. And easier way - Blocklists Manager.
    Last edited by corpse; 01-19-2008 at 12:37 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    madbeer's Avatar brewed locally BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Actatoi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by madbeer View Post

care to elaborate here?
    If I set up an end point in TOR I can with for example a sniff program get hold of your password/username/site etc when you login to it. But I don't think anyone doing this seriously is looking for bt tracker logins. But just don't login at anything with precious money involved.

ah ya I'm not too worried about people on tor end-nodes sniffing my tracker http logins. OTOH, If you are authenticating to any service where precious money is involved in the clear (over tor or not) then you should be concerned.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yayyyyyy View Post

get filesharing legalized changing these damns laws...

I think you live in a democratic country... where laws comes becouse the citizens wants them!
    Democracy is only for the rich and powerful. They will never pass a law which would allow us to usurp our owners/leaders.
    Well said. Which is sad but very true.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    VIZFX's Avatar Looking at You! BT Rep: +2
    Really good info. Did you all check out the article posted here on FST.

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-new...torrent-269031

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster
    From what I understand of tor, you wont be able to use it in private trackers as it hides your true Ip address. Are there any private trackers allowing the use of tor?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast