Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flaming

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by JPaul@29 July 2003 - 12:29
    Mods are a wee bit like the Queen RF, you can't answer back and have just got to take it.

On a serious note, what has always made this a good board is that it was moderated sensibly. There is a big difference for example between people in the lounge having a laugh and everyone enjoying it and when there is an attempt to hurt.

Some of the topics go way over the top, without people getting annoyed or offended. I really do cringe at some of the recent stuff, but if people are having fun and it's not vicious then just don't read it if you don't like it I say. The mods let that go and it does no harm.

However when it is obvious that things are becoming personal they stop it, or at least give a warning. People actually have feelings in real life and that should be borne in mind. It also has to be curtailed when it goes so far that we should really stop children reading it, or there is racism or excessive profanity etc.

Keep up the good work, I wouldn't want to have to come back and Moderate the Moderators, now that I have my Warrior Poet duties back.

PS If anyone flames you let me know privately. Maybe you can't reply .....
    Just so, JPaul-

Things are as they should be, seems to me.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN+29 July 2003 - 13:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FuNkY CaPrIcOrN &#064; 29 July 2003 - 13:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by NikkiD@29 July 2003 - 12:10
    <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4
    @29 July 2003 - 12:29
    "Ya gotta know how to carry on without gettin&#39; carried away".

"You got to know when to hold ’em, know when to fold ’em,
    Know when to walk away and know when to run." [/b][/quote]
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddd....

Never count your &#39;posts&#39; while you&#39;re sitting at the table....

There will be time enough for counting when the dealin&#39;s done.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Neverose+29 July 2003 - 12:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Neverose &#064; 29 July 2003 - 12:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@29 July 2003 - 13:27
    Originally posted by NikkiD@29 July 2003 - 12:10
    <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4
    @29 July 2003 - 12:29

"You got to know when to hold ’em, know when to fold ’em,
    Know when to walk away and know when to run."
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddd....

Never count your &#39;posts&#39; while you&#39;re sitting at the table....

There will be time enough for counting when the dealin&#39;s done. [/b][/quote]
    &#39;zackly
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Poster
    FC isn&#39;t dealin&#39; again is he.

What did your parole officer tell you.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Mods - The day you see regulars and/or 1000+-post members giving a general opinion of that you guys are oppressing is the day you should give a f*** about it.

Until then, I personally wouldn&#39;t blame any moderator here to blank out flaming from immature and arrogant members - The regulars IMO know what makes the mods tick by now so there should be an understanding between the regulars & the Team.

If the mods do care about what one-post flybys and similar say about them, then they&#39;d be getting too sensitive IMO.

My advice - Don&#39;t give a damn about what others say; The flames I&#39;ve seen were done in immature ways both in their language and their efforts to understand the mods&#39; points of view. And if they do get out of hand, don&#39;t forget that you&#39;ve got commands which they haven&#39;t...

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Ron's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by j2k4@29 July 2003 - 18:29

"Ya gotta know how to get carried away, AND get away with it".
    Sounds better.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Poster
    All flamers should be lined up against a wall and have seven colours of ships kicked out of them.

As for spammers they should have their keyboards inserted in their least favourite orifice.

Load of bar stewards the both of them.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Poster
    Originally posted by JPaul@29 July 2003 - 15:50
    All flamers should be lined up against a wall and have seven colours of ships kicked out of them.

As for spammers they should have their keyboards inserted in their least favourite orifice.

Load of bar stewards the both of them.
    Okay.

Can you define the terms &#39;flamers&#39; and &#39;spammers&#39; ?

I don&#39;t know what bar stewards are but this orifice thing sounds like something most would like to avoid. Most includes me.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Poster
    Not without a large pinch of irony on my spam.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Poster
    Originally posted by JPaul@29 July 2003 - 16:07
    Not without a large pinch of irony on my spam.
    Is this pinching anything to do with bar stewards?

I think I would prefer not to have a big pinch of that so I will be crusing for awhile.

Cruising without flaming and spamming, kind sir&#33;&#33;&#33;

Neverose

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast