Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: New Mobo

_John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Hmm, well, alot of those combos are excellant deals, but trust me, the only reason they acheive that is by selling you bottom of the line, cheap motherboards.

Also, that rebate expires today, and BTW, it does not include a fan, so you will have to pay for that, because your FAN from your old processor, will neither fit that 2.4, nor will it effectively cool it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #42
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Those mobos are shit? they look good to me..the soyo and shuttle...like 5PCI and stuff...they look nice newayz..what ARE some good mobos??and is it just better to buy the mobo and board separate?? are the amd boards nebetter?? thanx alot! youve giving me alot of good info
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

3. Software & Hardware   -   #43
    Originally posted by Enigma2003@29 July 2003 - 23:54
    i know this is off the subject but Livy, where are you buying your equipment? ebuyer?

I need to buy a m/b, processor, 512MB RAM but not sure where to go.
    i had a look on www.novatech.co.uk and they were advertising a bundle.  it was an AMD athlon XP 2400, 512MB of 333DDR Ram, came with heatsink and fan and m/b which has onboard sound, lan and 4 USB ports for £170.

Any good?
    don't start with fanaticsm...
    athlon is good, but cheap.. and why is it cheap because if athlon costed the same as intel, everyone would be on intel. Simple.

If intel was cheaper...... You'd but intel.
    Nuff said.

And after all, intel has way more experiencie... If you don't believe me..just look at a processor.... Intel's are artistic, better desingned... athlon, not.

EDIT= Buy an Intel 865 PERL ... with SATA HD support .. data transfer speed up to 1 GB/Sec. That's the one I have.-

4. Software & Hardware   -   #44
    Originally posted by Dalegas@31 July 2003 - 18:05
    And after all, intel has way more experiencie... If you don't believe me..just look at a processor.... Intel's are artistic, better desingned... athlon, not.

EDIT= Buy an Intel 865 PERL ... with SATA HD support .. data transfer speed up to 1 GB/Sec. That's the one I have.-
    Artistic.... Blowing enough smoke there?

Serious, dont start with fanatisism either, and of course we would buy Intel's if they were cheaper, but the athlons are cheaper, for less, with highly comparable benchmarks..... Sure, if you want the fastest system, then of course, your going to buy the new P4 3.2 Ghz on a 800Mhz board, turn on HT, and brag about it, but dont put AMD's down just because they cost less, After all, I dont have unlimited money, and im looking for the best value, and that usually is AMD.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #45
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@31 July 2003 - 17:46
    Those mobos are shit? they look good to me..the soyo and shuttle...like 5PCI and stuff...they look nice newayz..what ARE some good mobos??and is it just better to buy the mobo and board separate?? are the amd boards nebetter?? thanx alot! youve giving me alot of good info
    Well, every company has good borads, the top of the line that you have loyalists for, and they have the lower line boards, which new people buy on part of the loyalists, but they are highly different boards.

Im not an Intel expert anymore, so I dont know the go to overclocking boards that everyone uses, only when it comes to the AMD side am i more knowledgable at that.

And btw, doesnt your mobo only have 2 PCI anyway? It wouldnt be that big of a deal to me, im not using any PCI slots in mine at the momment and you might be.

And btw, what is your price limit, and where do you live?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #46
    I live in texas and my price limit is like 130ish..i got 4 pci lol

7. Software & Hardware   -   #47
    130, ouch, Umm, I will look around for you, but I think, stricly because of the constraints of that nearly impossible budget, and because of the big upgrade you will be making the 2.4 will be the best set up for you.

Sigh, im hardly going to sleep tonight, serious, I hate giving advice for people to buy Celeron's, there such crap.

Ima look around, tell you if i see anything, but for 130, you would end up spending a minimum 40 on the mobo, Hmmm, brb.

BTW: The motherboard says its MicroAtX, I hope it fits your case, but i suppose you could always just drill some holes and put the spacers in there.....

8. Software & Hardware   -   #48
    Okay, lets see how this works out.

ChainTech Motherboard = 44 Dollars

XP2400+ =86 Dollars

= 130 Dollars! HAHA! And free shipping on both of them, I rule!, (well, newegg does really.)

Okay, the motheroard fully support the processor with the 200/266 FSB, it has 5 PCI slots, and a AGP slot as well.

And the 2400XP would blow away that Celeron, for less money as well.

Err btw, you have a PCI Internet card right? Like if you use dailup you have a modem, and if you have broadband, you have a Networking card right?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #49
    And btw, I looked at the details etc at tiget direct, and a few figures for you.

Mobo+processor = 129.98
    SHIPPING.. = 011.98

Thats 140, 120 after the rebate, but that rebate expires tonight btw.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #50
    yeahh i use an ethernet card for dsl..but its 200 a month all of the sudden..so my parents are taking it away...but yeah newegg seems kool...never been there lol i should check it out...i still dont know about AMD...i mean im just a name brand kinda guy..like BIG TIME lol

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast