Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Divx To Dvd Or Vcd.. !

Originally posted by unreal_dude@30 July 2003 - 12:18
    thing is u get only 35 to 45 mins of video in the svcd format due to higher bit rate.hope this helps u.
    the termiantor 3 SVCD has 55 minutes on each disc

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by chimp2k2+30 July 2003 - 11:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chimp2k2 @ 30 July 2003 - 11:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-unreal_dude@30 July 2003 - 12:18
    thing is u get only 35 to 45 mins of video in the svcd format due to higher bit rate.hope this helps u.
    the termiantor 3 SVCD has 55 minutes on each disc [/b][/quote]
    hi chimp,
    is the svcd file ur talking abt in avi format ? if the answer is yes then its not a svcd. cause svcd is a mpeg2 file and not a avi.when groups post their files with files names like t3.centropy.svcd.cd1.avi it implies that the quality is near svcd but the files are not in the svcd format. for more on svcd format goto :

SVCD

hope this clears up the prob&#33;&#33;
    <span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>Hope. It is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness.
    </span></span></span>

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Unreal Dude (or anyone else with patience) ~
    I really appreciate your help. i&#39;m sorry to be a pain in your ass, but I&#39;m a little slow when trying to learn all this new technology.

You&#39;re right, the movies I&#39;m downloading from Kazaa are avi/Divx and they look really good on my computer. I&#39;m looking into getting a dvd burner for my computer and a standalone dvd player. I&#39;ve been swimming in all of the help sites trying to figure out compatability issues..........geeezzzzzzzzzzz.

Unfortunately, I can only afford a player around the &#036;100 as opposed to the KISS players. However, I am a fan of some quality. I want the movies to look and sound decent on a standalone. I don&#39;t want to be taking my time to download movies if they&#39;re going to look like crap on a standalone.

If you would, I need some black n white advice....step by step. I am willing to take some time with this if I know exactlly what I need to do to achieve some quality results. You suggested that if I can&#39;t get a KISS player to convert them to svcds? Is this correct? I can find instructions on how to do that on the net. Would I loose quality converting them to svcd&#39;s? (which use CD-R&#39;s, but hold much less time) What about burning to a dvd? I&#39;m confused.

I&#39;m so sorry. I really have been neck high in several different sites to help myself if that provides any comfort.
    Thanks again.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    just instead of downloading your movies in avi format just download vcd/svcd format also in bin/cue image cds and just burn them and play them on any normal run of the day dvd players......any new one will support vcd and mp3s and shit like that

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    I&#39;m really new here. I&#39;m not sure how to change to format to svcd when downloading from Kazaa??? And I really don&#39;t know what bin is. I&#39;ll try and find out.
    Thanks,

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    I was once like you... confused... frusterated... Then I found the best place for info in this subject.
    www.dvdrhelp.com is THE best place to ask these questions. They have step by step guides for converting DivX/avi files to vcd/svcd (which i think is what you&#39;re looking for). Their forum is very helpful and most people on the board are patient and understanding of people who are new to movie conversions. Go there, sign up for the forum, and definately check out their guides.

One more thing. That site also has a DVD player search option. This allows you to see if your dvd player (or one that you are going to buy) can play svcds.

Good Luck

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Thanks mojo for your reply. Can you just answer a simple question i have?

Everyone keeps saying that Divx movies will not play on a standalone dvd player. That I need to convert them to SVCD.

BUT,

CAN I JUST CONVERT AND/OR BURN THE DIVX MOVIES TO DVD? and have the same if not better quality?

PS. I have been swimming over there at dvdrhelp for the past week. The site is very useful. Although, I haven&#39;t noticed a forum. I&#39;ll look though.

Thanks sooooooooooo much.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Originally posted by unreal_dude+30 July 2003 - 13:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (unreal_dude @ 30 July 2003 - 13:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by chimp2k2@30 July 2003 - 11:44
    <!--QuoteBegin-unreal_dude
    @30 July 2003 - 12:18

the termiantor 3 SVCD has 55 minutes on each disc
    hi chimp,
    is the svcd file ur talking abt in avi format ? if the answer is yes then its not a svcd. cause svcd is a mpeg2 file and not a avi.when groups post their files with files names like t3.centropy.svcd.cd1.avi it implies that the quality is near svcd but the files are not in the svcd format. for more on svcd format goto :

SVCD

hope this clears up the prob&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    no, it is the SVCD mpg version in .bin and /cue files

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Just incase you need something really easy to follow there is a link in my sig. DVDrhelp is much better but it can be a little overwhelming.
    So if you need something a little easier there, follow the link in my signature, it also has help for bin&#39;s and the sort.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Originally posted by jakers@29 July 2003 - 12:45
    Hey everyone~
    I really appreciate your help so far. I&#39;m taking the summary of your help to be:

1. Buy a dvd burner
    2. Burn my Kazaa divx movies to a DVD
    you want to buy a DVD burner and waste your time converting DivX files to DVD...

when you could just shell out &#036;150 for this? http://www.pcclub.com/product_detail.cfm?i...itemno=A1546967

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12