Thread: *help* accidently registered a software I downloaded

yes this was stupid. I got a copy of sony vegas 8. when loading the program the part where u register online or mail it in I hit the wrong button and it registered it. part of the info I filled out was correct. I deleted the program and went back to their site and downloaded a trial version so it would expire in 30 days. can I get in trouble cause I registered it ? can they tell if it was an illegal copy ? I didnt get an e-mail from them with the codes or anything. My days of downloading are over for sure. Not worth it
    Last edited by speedaddict; 01-21-2008 at 04:42 AM.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    why did u post this twice?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Software people can tell if it's a funny copy you have. I have no idea how they can tell if the key or crack you have used is funny but they can after a while.

I think 20 years of soap dropping is the minimum depending on the judge.

Seriously there's not much to worry about most of the time when they take your name and address its just to store in their data base to keep a record of who owns what just incase the original owner has problems with the software they purchased. Or they use the details to spam your email box for offers and surveys. It costs money and lots of time and effort to send the bobby's after everybody that has nicked software on their pc they rather just turn off that key and stop the software from functioning. It's also a common mistake and i would not worry about it.
    Last edited by sleepyy; 01-21-2008 at 04:06 PM.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyy View Post
    Software people can tell if it's a funny copy you have. I have no idea how they can tell if the key or crack you have used is funny but they can after a while.

I think 20 years of soap dropping is the minimum depending on the judge.

Seriously there's not much to worry about most of the time when they take your name and address its just to store in their data base to keep a record of who owns what just incase the original owner has problems with the software they purchased. Or they use the details to spam your email box for offers and surveys. It costs money and lots of time and effort to send the bobby's after everybody that has nicked software on their pc they rather just turn off that key and stop the software from functioning. It's also a common mistake and i would not worry about it.
    ok, thanks for the reply

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    then just buy it cant cost that much can it
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    shmeq's Avatar Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyy View Post
    maybe they have an database of what serial numbers where given to people who really bought the software...
    Learnin' Ruby...