Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A kind request for FTWR

share for better
    Quote Originally Posted by pandabear View Post
    Is it to collect, trade or sell. Need more info.
    is it means you have rabit .Need more info

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #12
    jwsisliving1's Avatar Exiled BT Rep: +5
    And gnlstryker, some advice to you. This has been said many times before, and it should be said again (sorry for the length, read it if U want):

A two line request is not enough. If you had 1000+ posts here, then maybe a short request would have a chance. But with only a little over 200 posts if you want any chance to get a F*** invite, the more you say the better.

You have to expect that there's an extremely small odds a request will get F***, but never say never. I'm sure there have been at least a few posters in the history of FST that have gotten a F*** invite because of a request; if I search through the many tens of thousands of threads here I'm sure I could find a few examples at least, and not all with an incredible post count since post count isn't most important thing in the world. We have banned many people in my forum, many of whom had a lot of posts.

So lightnight can strike anyone, and the lightning could be in the form of some random & generous F*** Super Member or staff who has a spare invite and wants to use it, and maybe doesn't have a friend who needs or wants it. Yeah Okay that's a very unlikely scenario and so is winning the lotto, but even the lotto has winners.

For this or any request, but especially when your requesting mid to high level trackers, you need to make a convincing argument for yourself. It needs to be short and to the point. I've seen too many 'letter' requests, and nobody wants to read three or four paragraphs about why somebody wants a tracker.

It's a job interview really, and you want to sell yourself as much as possible (ratio proofs & speedtest, what you can contribute SPECIFICALLY, why you want to be there, etc etc).

There will be many other applicants saying the same things you will: they want the tracker because of it's "community"(so overused), they can contribute by posting a lot (won't work unless your a really valued & well known member of FST) and seeding really well (never need to say that, let your speedtest say it).

Point is you should say something different, or at least say the same things other requesters are saying in a different way. Make yourself stand out.
    Last edited by jwsisliving1; 01-22-2008 at 01:06 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12