Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What.Cd's Lack of Seeders

Debate is overrated BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    On these music sites it's almost impossible to have good ratio without a freeleech or at least a big freeleech torrent from time to time.
    If everyone keeps uploading then we'd be stuck with 5 torrents of the same thing and that's not quality.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    krunktastic's Avatar Krunk User+ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    lol im excited to see gazelle come up i wonder if it will be a big enough change to tip the scale between them and waffles. right now i'd say they are pretty much balanced.
    Waffles really has what beat in quality.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    thats why i LOVE stms ratio rules..works great..too bad their quality isn't quite as good as what or waffles..otherwise itd be amazing!

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I do think What.cd should enforce a Hit n Run system. Not a strict one, but one where you have to seed for 36 hours before leaving the torrent. This will help achieve a culture of seeding, and keep their userbase free of people that leave torrents as soon as they dl them.

I think this would help their commmunity big time.
    See ya in another life, brother.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    BANNED BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    i agree, there's no incentive to download when we see so many accounts getting deleted for bad ratio. those 'leechers' are the ones keeping the site alive, with so many ratio fucking crazy ex oinkers that seed OVER 1:1. (probably like 10:1) that just screws up the rest of us who dont have super fast connections
    lol, my bad

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    kadake's Avatar Hayden's Watching u
    what will change something soon i think, because people will find alternatives otherwise

they need to introduce either hit and run scheme or bonus scheme , or both.

Keep the members seeding for a good reason instead of a quiet client just announcing.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    I just uploaded a volume version of adobe master collection that wasn't on the site. Seeded up to about 50 gigs and then figure that's as much music as I'll ever download.

Though I do keep all the music on my seedbox seeded unless there's so many seeders on a torrent that it wouldn't make a difference.
    Ask me about my self-esteem!

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    krunktastic's Avatar Krunk User+ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanka113 View Post
    I do think What.cd should enforce a Hit n Run system. Not a strict one, but one where you have to seed for 36 hours before leaving the torrent. This will help achieve a culture of seeding, and keep their userbase free of people that leave torrents as soon as they dl them.

Yeah, totally agree. I've uploaded 10 torrents, and while they've been snatched upwards of 10 times, none of them have seeders other than me. =(

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Yea I hate it, there are no leeches. I uploaded 1 torrent on brokenstones, got 10 leeches in 1 minute

uploaded on what.cd and got 1 leech in 1 month.

THe only thing i can do is upload hundreds of torrents and hope for people to leech.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Long John Silver
    Quote Originally Posted by krunktastic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanka113 View Post

Yeah, totally agree. I've uploaded 10 torrents, and while they've been snatched upwards of 10 times, none of them have seeders other than me. =(
    know the feeling!
    Agreed..think seed bonus would help with the peons too.

Quote Originally Posted by broomhead View Post
    Yea I hate it, there are no leeches. I uploaded 1 torrent on brokenstones, got 10 leeches in 1 minute

uploaded on what.cd and got 1 leech in 1 month.

THe only thing i can do is upload hundreds of torrents and hope for people to leech.
    Yep..unfortunately my music supply is limited :|..oh well.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast