Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hard Drive Missing...

aserty's Avatar Poster
    Whne I start up my other computer it says it cant find the operating system. So I put in my ME disc and it says that it cannot save it to my hard drive becuase it doesnt have the right drivers or it is damaged or nt there. CAn anyone help me please?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    what os should be on the pc? did anything happen? any errors in windows etc? or anything? did you do anything? or was it just you went to turn it on one day and it didnt work?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    aserty's Avatar Poster
    ME sould be on the computer. And nothing really happend. All I did was download Star Craft off Kazaa-lite, and then burned it to a CD. Then I turned off my computer, with the cd still in it. A few hours later I started it up and it couldnt find my hard drive.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    what happens when you boot?

edit: have u looked in bios and the boot sequence is correct and your drive configured

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    aserty's Avatar Poster
    I took the CD out, and tried rebooting but it came up with "Operating system not found on any devices. Press any key to try again."

edit: have u looked in bios and the boot sequence is correct and your drive configured
    I dunno what that is...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    u have to press a ke when your compiter is booting, on my laptop its f10 and my other computer its the delete key, it should say what key it is. then there should be a bit about boot sequence, and also one about auto detecting drives

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    aserty's Avatar Poster
    It doesnt boot up normally hough, it just goes right to saying it cant find the operating system.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    i mean the post screen, the one that usually comes up as soon as you put on the ocmputer, sometimes its a picture others its shows computer details

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    aserty's Avatar Poster
    It just says "Compaq" for a couple seconds then it goes to the,"Operating system not found on any devices. Press any key to try again." screen. Before when I would start up after the compaq thing it would say stuff about the computer, like the RAm and stuff. But it doesnt now. Oh, and Igot it to a dos prompt, can anyone help me get thru taht into my normal stuff?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    if u got into a dos prompt, which u can do by booting from bootdisk and start computer minimal. goto your c drive by typing "C:/" then enter.
    then type "dir" and hit enter, it nshould list the contents of the drive,
    if that doesnt work then u may have lost everything, if it comes up error reading drive, then u may have drive problems?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast