Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Faux News Is Shit!

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Take a look at this shit reporting and one-sided panel. The claim is that Mass Effect has full digital nudity (prominently displayed on the broadcast).

It's a lie.

[youtube]PKzF173GqTU[/youtube]

Everyone on this broadcast (besides Jeff on the right) are clueless, dumbasses.

The product is M-rated.

Faux News is a hive. "Luke Skywalker meets Debbie Does Dallas".

Your character can be a man or women in the game.

Here's is the sex scene

[youtube]Pvj6D3HnN_s[/youtube]

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    "We Report. You Decide..." what we want you to decide.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    lynx's Avatar .
    Jeff missed out on a chance to put this down.

At about 4 minutes in, Cooper Lawrence made a claim about a study at the U of Maryland. He should have asked her if she was talking about the Friedrickson (or any other made up name) report. Since she could not have heard of it, she would have to either name the report she was talking about, or admit she didn't know it's author.

No loss if she can actually name the author, but I've looked hard and I can't find any such report, so assuming she would have to admit that she didn't know the author he could then have asked her if she'd read the report. Bingo!
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post
    Jeff missed out on a chance to put this down.

At about 4 minutes in, Cooper Lawrence made a claim about a study at the U of Maryland. He should have asked her if she was talking about the Friedrickson (or any other made up name) report. Since she could not have heard of it, she would have to either name the report she was talking about, or admit she didn't know it's author.

No loss if she can actually name the author, but I've looked hard and I can't find any such report, so assuming she would have to admit that she didn't know the author he could then have asked her if she'd read the report. Bingo!
    He didn't have time.

This was simply a 6-against-1 smearfest.

What kind of panel has everyone on the same side?

A Cooper clone may as well had been in Geoff's seat.

Even the host said some crap about "having searched the internet as much as possible on the game" or some shit.

Faux News can't even stop spinning outside of hardcore politics.

They are a shit news channel and it's almost criminal.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    No doubt, that Fox News panel was an inept whitewash but there's no such thing as bad publicity.

They've just given EA, free of charge, what an advertising campaign couldn't do if you threw money at it 'til doomsday.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post
    No doubt, that Fox News panel was an inept whitewash but there's no such thing as bad publicity.

They've just given EA, free of charge, what an advertising campaign couldn't do if you threw money at it 'til doomsday.
    Yup and it's great since EA just acquired Bioware (the game developer).

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I couldn't tell much of anything from the clip. It was dark and not much detail. I don't know anything about the report or the people, but sometimes Fox does report stories that other people are claiming are one thing or the other which appears to be the case here as well.

Though to be honest, they generally show the story and have people comment on both sides of the question, and leave it at "We report, you decide" without really taking one side or another. Possibly that's the case here, I really don't know.

This is a segment that usually has the same people on the panel, so on occasion they will agree.

You can also pick on Fox all you want, but I'm fairly certain that I could go to YouTube and view clips of awful reporting on CNN, MSNBC, etc.

yo

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    The media sure loves Mass Effect

I wonder if Fox's "research" was based on the article mentioned on that page.
    Last edited by Snee; 01-25-2008 at 04:53 AM.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    I couldn't tell much of anything from the clip. It was dark and not much detail. I don't know anything about the report or the people, but sometimes Fox does report stories that other people are claiming are one thing or the other which appears to be the case here as well.

Though to be honest, they generally show the story and have people comment on both sides of the question, and leave it at "We report, you decide" without really taking one side or another. Possibly that's the case here, I really don't know.

This is a segment that usually has the same people on the panel, so on occasion they will agree.

You can also pick on Fox all you want, but I'm fairly certain that I could go to YouTube and view clips of awful reporting on CNN, MSNBC, etc.
    Damn Skiz, you are kinda full o crap there, a bit clueless, or blind as hell.

You can't tell from the clip? Tell what? What do you see?

Faux is wrong. Period. It was explained on Faux what can be seen (if you have a quick eye and/or freeze frame it).

I agree they did have both sides of equation though. They had one guy against the host, and the idiot lady, and then they had a panel representing one side.

1 person on one side, 6 on the other. The 6 were wrong. Period.

That's where my first sentence comes in. How could you NOT see that there was only ONE voice on one side of the argument?

Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    You gotta be shittin' me.

And also, if there are clips of awful reporting elsewhere I'm sure there are some Repubs posting it somewhere.

Farce News is shit. They blatantly do shit where it's not even a question of mistakes.

Anyone remember that congressman sending e-mails to the page boys? Well good ole Faux had his name with a D (for Democrat) preceding his name. He was a Republican though.

Fair and balanced? They can't claim that just because there is a so-called liberal view so they manufacture shit and call it a conservative view. You ever think that, for some things, there is correct and incorrect?

Sorry bud there are too many instances of Faux News doing shit that are indefensible. It's like the whole organization consists of a bunch of Sean Hannitys.

I mean you won't see me defend Dan Rather on the 60 Minutes story.

I think you like Faux cuz they spoon-feed you what you want to hear. Sometimes you may want to stick your head in the sand instead of hearing the truth and that's sad.

edit: Btw, the game is the shit. I hate turn-based RPGs and this game is like an epic feature film.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 01-25-2008 at 12:59 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast